Day one buy?

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
How many of you would have bought this phone day one if it were to have came out about a month ago? I know OG droid users who bought their phones on launch day were ready for an upgrade july 7th, I know if it would have dropped somewhere in that timeframe, I'd have been all over it on day one, now I'm not so sure.

Definitely looking forward to its launch, but the stratosphere looks like it may be an sgs2 with 4G and the vigor looks to be following shortly thereafter, atleast verizon looks like they may be getting some real game changers.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would have. Now that I see the HTC Vigor, I guess I'll be waiting for reviews of both phones. Never thought I would be saying that. :icon_eek:

el-cid

Reaction score
I've been sitting on an upgrade since February so I'm getting a little tired of keeping this forum up on my browser and checking it every day, lol. I was set to buy it at first availability for a long time and still probably will. I am tempted to wait for the next wave of super-phones but I'm about out of patience.

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I've been sitting on an upgrade since February so I'm getting a little tired of keeping this forum up on my browser and checking it every day, lol. I was set to buy it at first availability for a long time and still probably will. I am tempted to wait for the next wave of super-phones but I'm about out of patience.

Created an account in February to complain about how much I thought Etna sucked and apparently Verizon listened (sorry everyone).

But I figured they'd be ready with the Targa a lot sooner than this.

I was willing to wait until atleast July 7th when I was up for upgrade, if the Bionic would have launched anytime in July or tomorrow as speculated, I would have gotten it on day one, now I'm thinking I may wait to see how the Vigor looks and also possibly the Prime.

stitch96786

Reaction score
When the bionic first launched at ces I was super excited. Now seeing the Samsung stratosphere and the HTC vigor. Will have to see and compare before I decide which one to buy.

wseyller

Reaction score
When the bionic first launched at ces I was super excited. Now seeing the Samsung stratosphere and the HTC vigor. Will have to see and compare before I decide which one to buy.

I imagine everyone that is waiting on the bionic are very curious about the stratospere and could potentially have 2nd thoughts about the bionic if the stratosphere is on the bionic's level.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

stitch96786

Reaction score
Not to mention if the vigor has nice stats. Would only be another month wait. I think MOTO blew it with a September launch.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I am waiting til October regardless ($100 loyalty discount), and I will likely buy it as soon as I can.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I may wait a month or so... see how the rumor mill is treating the Dinara or any of the other phones supposedly coming out around the holidays...

I'm not going to burn my phone upgrade on a "yesterday's" phone if I can help it. I want the best phone available, and 3 months is too short for me see an even more kick ass phone come out... If the phone had come out tomorrow, I would have... but not now.

If by the holidays, it looks like the Bionic is still the best available for a while, I'll probably pull the trigger, but that means the others are being put off... which could very well happen... heck look at the Bionic. LOL!

No way would I buy the Bionic at full retail price... none of these phones are worth $600-$700 they are asking for them.

I can get a really nice laptop for that kinda coin.

Last edited:

tcayton49

Reaction score
I may wait a month or so... see how the rumor mill is treating the Dinara or any of the other phones supposedly coming out around the holidays...

I'm not going to burn my phone upgrade on a "yesterday's" phone if I can help it. I want the best phone available, and 3 months is too short for me see an even more kick ass phone come out... If the phone had come out tomorrow, I would have... but not now.

If by the holidays, it looks like the Bionic is still the best available for a while, I'll probably pull the trigger, but that means the others are being put off... which could very well happen... heck look at the Bionic. LOL!

No way would I buy the Bionic at full retail price... none of these phones are worth $600-$700 they are asking for them.

I can get a really nice laptop for that kinda coin.

Do you realize that 3 months after the dinara there will be something better. and 3 months after that there will be something better. and 3 months after that. and so on and so on until the end of time. At some point you will have to say "this is the phone i want right now" and just take the plunge.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Do you realize that 3 months after the dinara there will be something better. and 3 months after that there will be something better. and 3 months after that. and so on and so on until the end of time. At some point you will have to say "this is the phone i want right now" and just take the plunge.

You sure about that? That's what everyone was saying about the Bionic 6 months ago.

I think you're giving the phone makers too much credit where the clearly don't deserve it.

By November, it should be amply clear if the Dinara is going to release by Christmas.

tcayton49

Reaction score

You sure about that? That's what everyone was saying about the Bionic 6 months ago.

I think you're giving the phone makers too much credit where the clearly don't deserve it.

By November, it should be amply clear if the Dinara is going to release by Christmas.

I'm sure that phones coming out in September are better than the ones released 3 months ago. and I'm sure the phones released 3 months ago are better than the ones released 3 months before that. regardless of what is being said about the bionic, or what has happened with that particular phone, the fact is that there will always be something better coming 3 months down the road.

dlo-htown

Reaction score

I'm sure that phones coming out in September are better than the ones released 3 months ago. and I'm sure the phones released 3 months ago are better than the ones released 3 months before that. regardless of what is being said about the bionic, or what has happened with that particular phone, the fact is that there will always be something better coming 3 months down the road.

But you KNEW about the Bionic 6 months before the Charge and the Incredible2 and whatever else is out there, so you were already planning on ignoring these phones because something more badass was coming out, right?

What's wrong with making the same choice about the Dinara?

Ignoring the Bionic in favor of the Dinara is the same as ignoring the Charge and X2 and Droid3 in favor of the Bionic.

wseyller

Reaction score
From what I have noticed including myself, most people waiting on the bionic do not want to wait any longer. They will get the bionic or whatever phone released around the same time that can compete with the bionic. An extra month wait will seem too long for many bionic followers to jump on the vigor bandwagon. Many of them previously assumed Aug 4 was the release date so it already feels like a suffering wait. Many of these people have the OG Droid and are dying to get away from the 256MB ram limit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thedead04

Reaction score
How much better than the vigor could the dinara possibly be? It will probably still have a pentile screen, maybe the same processing power. It looks to me with that release date that the vigor is the phone to get if you're sitting on a upgrade. I really like moto phones and was dead set on bionic, but the thought of dual 1.5 and 720p is too much not to wait an extra month for. It really seems that moto will lose out big time compared to what they could have had with a release date of tomorrow. I know everyone debates if this phone was really even delayed since they always said summer, but whatever held up the launch will end up costing moto.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums