Day 2 review coming from UD 2.3 to MIUI

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by xxnonamexx, Dec 3, 2010.

1. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

So far loving the ROM notice battery eating up more. I have stock kernel looking for a battery saver kernel. Also phone rebooted for no reason a few times. Otherwise awesome ROM a little lag but awesome.
  2. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

Some things to look into that might help you. . Battery calibration and turning on wifi for battery life and setcpu for lag

If you have not heard of the battery calibration we can help You with the steps. And some users (myself included ) have reported getting better battery life when wifi is turned on.

For lagging if u have setcpu try uninstalling for a day or two .. same goes for a task killer that is built into the ROM ( long press home key from home screen and its on the bottom left)

Some things to try.. let us know if u Have any questions or need help.. enjoy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

Glad you are liking it, there is a battery thread further down and a lot of people are recalibrating their battery's and finding better life. I had one reboot with the stock kernel the first day I loaded it and haven't had another since.
    I am in the process of recalibrating my battery and with minimal use after 24 hrs I am still at 70%. Before I was draining in about 17 hrs or so. Actually, hoping it would burn faster so I can get through my first discharge cycle LOL
  4. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

so you guys are saying not to use setcpu with Miui??
  5. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

I would try both and see what works best for you .. for me it works better without

6. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

Is battery life good without setcpu
  7. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

I get about 26 hours or so .. without setcpu and with the battery calibration .. I also get better battery life with wifi on. Using Chevy's 1.2 GHz kernal

8. Armyof2

Armyof2 New Member

what is this battery optimization i keep hearing...
  9. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

If you boot into recovery and go to advanced you will see an option to wipe battery stats.. in essence you are cleaning the memory for what the phone thinks the level should be .. so the two rules are (anybody know of any others?) Charge your battery to 100% before wiping the battery stats .. and after you wipe the battery stats you can't charge the phone until the battery completely dies out ... the battery calibration can get out of whack if you change ROMs when your battery is not at 100% .. That's the theory anyway .. so flashing a ROM when Your battery is at 100% negates the need for you to do the battery calibration

10. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Should mention the battery stat clearing is an option in Clockwork recovery only. Cannot do this with sprecovery.

Sent from somewhere...
  11. RealGame22

RealGame22 New Member

With SetCPU, my battery life is still good. Before this I had Sapphire....which gave me 8 hours. With MIUI i'm getting 10 hours.
  12. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

Knew I forgot something .. thanks jstafford1!

13. onsht1kll

onsht1kll New Member

Eeww .. u in a bad coverage area? That's really bad

14. RealGame22

RealGame22 New Member

I text, tweet, and internet....You probably don't use your phone as much as I do.
  15. Tojus

Tojus New Member

I've gotten 8-10 hours during the day and more if I dont use it over night ... I have no idea how people get 26+ hours. I used my phone allot and only get 8-10, this rom is no different in terms of battery life than anything else I've noticed.
  16. gwhiz377

gwhiz377 New Member

Yea I don't know how people get these crazy numbers. I have to usually charge mine twice a day. I've never gotten anywhere near that type of battery life no matter what ROM I use. Guess maybe I play around on my phone too much.

Another UD user here really thinking about finally trying out this ROM. Actually having to charge up my phone right now before I try and switch. LOL
  17. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 New Member

The only problem I am having.....

Is not being able to play videos sent to me via SMS/MMS? I had a friend of mine who is also with the same carrier take a video at the bowling alley and send it to me as an MMS. I received it and although it looks like a video with the icon and when I click on the icon I can see the timer running on the bottom for as long as the video was but it only shows me a still picture (Jpg) but does not play the movie. I checked their phone and the video plays fine (although they have a regular non-smartphone). Videos were able to be received and played fine when I was using UD 2.3 before upgrading to MIUI. I love MIUI but and I hope that it's something that I or one of the developers can fix to get them to play successfully.
  18. ramos

ramos New Member

so how does keeping wifi on help with battery time?

do keep wifi on even when your not home and on the road?

how much of a difference have you seen?

if there is a thread of this already could you point me to the thread
  19. imeatingseeds

imeatingseeds New Member

Coming from UD 2.3 to MIUI as well, and coincidentally, it is my second day on the ROM.

I LOVE this thing, and I'm glad that we're beginning to see more and more advanced, as well as high quality, stuff coming out of the amateur/independent dev. community. *tear* It makes me *stifled crying* SO PROUD!

:) Just kidding.

But yeah...I only have a few questions which I didn't find the answers to either in the "D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions" or by searching - so I figured I might ask here instead of posting a new thread topic.

First - if I were to uninstall SetCPU, how would I control the clock speed and clock/heat profiles? Would I be able to manage profiles of that sort through the built-in interface for the CPU?

Finally - when applying new kernels to MIUI, do you guys recommend I do a data/factory reset and a full wipe of my cache and dalvik cache, or can I just apply the new kernel and restart the phone?

Please try and be patient with us news - as we are slowly learning what it is that we're doing!

Thanks for the attention/help my fellow MIUI-ers!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  20. xformulax

xformulax New Member

re overclock: you can control overclock in /system/etc/init.d/99complete but you'll want to keep setCPU if you need the placebo effect of running profiles

re kernel: dont wipe anything, just flash the kernel and boot up