Day-1 with DROID.... Please Help!

Neko

Reaction score
I can not find my sent folder etc..... when you send a text don't you have a message place where you can see your sent text, inbox, drafts? I can't find it.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Click on messages, click on the name of whomever you messaged. The complete message history will load in one window.

It's not like a typical phone you may be used to. Text messages show up like an IM box.

I can not find my sent folder etc..... when you send a text don't you have a message place where you can see your sent text, inbox, drafts? I can't find it.

Scribble

Reaction score
For text messages, it keeps them all together in a running "string." There isn't a separate "sent" folder.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
in most programs, including the Messenger app, there is functionality if you click the menu button (softkey at the bottom with the 4 horiz. lines). just a heads up, took me a few days to figure out myself...

also try longpressing within programs... other options come up...

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Oooo......ok. this phone is so different. Many more questions to come :-(

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
take it in stride, you don't need to understand every aspect of the Droid at once :D

Silver Member
Reaction score
Neko, welcome to the forums. Check my sig for more helpful hints.

Scribble

Reaction score

Don't worry- pretty soon you'll get used to it, and realize a lot of it is more intuitive then a "normal" phone, and phones you've used in the past will seem bass-ackwards!

Rettocs

Reaction score

Don't worry- pretty soon you'll get used to it, and realize a lot of it is more intuitive then a "normal" phone, and phones you've used in the past will seem bass-ackwards!

This is so true. I may not own another non-android phone for the rest of my life. We'll see :D

Istus

Reaction score
take it in stride, you don't need to understand every aspect of the Droid at once :D
I absolutely agree with this.

When I picked up my phone at the Verizon Store, the associate that helped me warned me right away that a lot of people hate the Droid right out of the box simply because it is so different than what they may be used to. He told me to take the full 30 day grace period to customize it and make it "mine." Once you get everything setup the way you like it, you will fall in love. :heart: