Dating advice

idk5

Reaction score
So I am 19 I would really like to go on a date with a girl that I really like and its just going to be a get to know you date for now. The only thing is I don't know where we would go, I don't want to goto the movies because you do get to talk to people at the movies. Please help me out if you can.

Sent from my Droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First date is never movies. Especially if its a casual thing. Find out what she likes and do something based on that.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
Yea I am thinking of a way to do that but I don't want her to know if possible that I am thinking about asking her out before I do

Sent from my Droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I am thinking of a way to do that but I don't want her to know if possible that I am thinking about asking her out before I do

Sent from my Droid

Ask her friends or bring it up in conversation but be subtle about it

Sent from my DROIDX

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't know her real well maybe try making it a group thing but during the night focus your attention on her and get to know her. You should be able to find out some stuff about her and then you can ask her on an official first date.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't know her real well maybe try making it a group thing but during the night focus your attention on her and get to know her. You should be able to find out some stuff about her and then you can ask her on an official first date.

Also a good idea

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score

Also a good idea

Sent from my DROIDX

Yea that is a good idea.

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of my favorite first dates was always going for a walk. Not everyone is into but I like it for a few reasons. It offers a huge opportunity to get to know her, your looking ahead of you so you don't have to be constantly making eye contact which can be akward on a first date, its free, and depending on where you live it can be pretty romantic.

Good luck regardless on what you do.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buy her a Droid - you will have plenty to talk about :D

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree on the group thing if you want to keep it safe.

I also think 'going for a nice walk' is a great idea. It fits me well but it might not fit you or her. If it does tho, a nice long walk is a great way to enjoy the day and keep in conversation (make sure you plan random topics that DONT include your droid :)).

Go to the park!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Casual lunch. Just tell her you like her and want to hang out, chat and eat. You don't have to go any further than that for now

jloya

Reaction score
I am all for the walking idea, my current gf of 2+ years told me "you know, it was our walks that sealed the deal for me"

We used to go spend 2 hours walking around just talking getting to know eachother

maybe theirs a nicer/ kinda casually type restaurant/cafe you guys can walk to rather than drive, if theres a park around there take a detour on the way home

btw, im 21 so our walks started when I was 18 :)

Last edited:

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i like to take girls putt-putting or bowling on first dates, its not too expensive, can be really fun and you dont have to be concentrating on conversation topics the whole time. just make sure you're good at it before the date lol