Database for Android App Market

Reaction score
Is their a database or search engine somewhere for apps in the market that you can filter by feature, description, etc. Some of these app titles really have nothing to do with what they actually do. It just seems very difficult to find apps for things I want to do sometimes. I've been able to find them doing lots of searching and asking questions here. Seems like google could very easily make a better market search feature somewhere.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
thanks, but that's basically just the same market app that I can access from my phone.

nice avatar by the way:icon_eek:

Reaction score
yes, you would think the world's top search engine company would know how to make a simple search feature for their mobile OS' market...but that would be too easy. instead you just get to hope the developers make it easy to find.

even tho they do have different sections of apps and games, its still an awful search process.

stdesign

Reaction score
yes, you would think the world's top search engine company would know how to make a simple search feature for their mobile OS' market...but that would be too easy. instead you just get to hope the developers make it easy to find.

even tho they do have different sections of apps and games, its still an awful search process.

Agreed....

LT*

Reaction score
I stumbled on App brainlast night. It is a free app as well as a web site. You can search the site and then choose apps there and then sync the site w/ your Droid. Once you start the app, you see the ones you chose and clicking on them brings you right to the Market for download.

http://www.appbrain.com/

AppStoreHQ

Reaction score
Take a look at AppStoreHQ - Latest Android Applications and Reviews from Blogs, Twitter, and YouTube. - AppStoreHQ

We just released our Android Market search engine - including filters for category, price, and rating - last week and have already been written up by IntoMobile and VentureBeat (among others) as a great solution for web discovery of apps.

We're still building our reviews database to power our recommendations engine - we rank apps based on recent reviews in top blogs and, also have a "Hottest on Twitter" rank - and anyone can vote for their favorite apps by (a) including our AppBack widget in any blog post about android apps, or (b) tweeting about apps and including our app detail page link in the tweet (using a shortener is fine).

We'd love feedback from the community on where to go next with our Android search and ranking service - we know we still have a ton to do!

Raeuber

Reaction score
Take a look at AppStoreHQ - Latest Android Applications and Reviews from Blogs, Twitter, and YouTube. - AppStoreHQ

We just released our Android Market search engine - including filters for category, price, and rating - last week and have already been written up by IntoMobile and VentureBeat (among others) as a great solution for web discovery of apps.

We're still building our reviews database to power our recommendations engine - we rank apps based on recent reviews in top blogs and, also have a "Hottest on Twitter" rank - and anyone can vote for their favorite apps by (a) including our AppBack widget in any blog post about android apps, or (b) tweeting about apps and including our app detail page link in the tweet (using a shortener is fine).

We'd love feedback from the community on where to go next with our Android search and ranking service - we know we still have a ton to do!

I just checked this site. Not bad, not bad at all. It has definately the most info of all the sites I have seen so far. Keep up the good work. :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stumbled on App brainlast night. It is a free app as well as a web site. You can search the site and then choose apps there and then sync the site w/ your Droid. Once you start the app, you see the ones you chose and clicking on them brings you right to the Market for download.

Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain

+1 AppBrain is an excellent service. I've used it to configure my wife's new droid by selecting from among the apps already on my phone. The search function works fairly well (though I noticed it seemed to be down earlier today) to identify apps according to keywords.

To use the service, download the appbrain app to your phone and sign up on the appbrain website. You can then synchronize the list of apps on your phone to the list maintained in your "account" on appbrain.com.

LordKastle

Reaction score
this is what happens when a company would rather allow the operating system (os) android to take its course on its own but wants to take a hands on approach with the actions of the user and the services they use. instead of google focusing on the core nature of the android os, it would rather focus on aspects relating to user dependency and services. they will put their attention towards things like google buzz, rather than fix something at the core of the os like the marketplace.

it is unfortunate that google takes a hand on approach on consequential matters like making sure the user of every android phone is sync'ed and using primary services and ignores issues relating to the functionality and stability within the os.

Reaction score
App Brain is probably the best because there is an app in the Market that goes with it that lets you sync the apps on the phone and manage them from you machine.