Data usage when your sleeping

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The middle of the night is when the Droids communicate with each other plotting the assimilation of mankind.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Turn off Sync and/or the mobile data and WiFi under the settings to get rid of midnight data creep. The Market alone might check for updates, and if you have any apps set for automatic downloading...

Sync will use some data because programs are accessing the 'net to update themselves, etc. Gotta find out if you have any e-mails somehow, right?

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Makes you wonder if the tiered pricing for data plan is going to screw people by doing this. I'm keeping my unlimited just in case.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Off topic, but --

Tiered only makes sense for people who really don't use 3G data at all, unless they have a large tier like 10-20GB for people at today's price for unlimited.

Last I knew, though, the tiered plans are only for LTE when that rolls out. 3G will remain unlimited, and that makes sense when you think about it. Once LTE really starts rolling out more and more people will be making the switch -- LTE is a totally different technology from 3G, with a different antenna required and everything -- so there's no interference with the 3G signal. Once the pressure on 3G lets up, having an unlimited plan for everyone using 3G won't be a problem, right? :)

ionide

Reaction score
Smartphones use data all the time. That's why you have an unlimited plan, and it's also why you don't take your phone out of the country without putting on a global-unlimited data feature. If you don't want data used, shut off your phone.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Why not let her keep your phone overnight? Then show her the bill for the nights she kept it for proof that data can be used when the phone isn't.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Or, just tell her to mind her own business and go make you a sammich!

:)

I was trying to be nice but that did enter my mind...lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk