Data usage spike after updating from v3.1 to v6.0.1?

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by mzman, Apr 19, 2010.

1. mzman

mzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this is a strange coincident or not but after updating from SG v3.1 to v6.0.1 my data usage went from ~300MB for an entire month to ~2.6GB for only 19 days. It appears to be downloading a 16MB file multiple times a day as well as a couple 100MB files every few days. Oh and my battery life when in the crapper as well.

SG v6.0.1 busted my battery usage screen so only the main components show up so I don't know if there is a way to figure out the offending app.

Has anyone come across this?

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
  3. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. mzman

mzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your input. But I already did that and it made no difference. Hence I made this thread.

5. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could start uninstalling apps that are data usage hungry to try and pinpoint the offending app/s.
    I would definitely make sure that your phone is not downloading the update, that 16MB file sure sounds like the 2.1 update.
    Another option is to wipe the phone, start with a clean slate, and re-install SG.

6. mzman

mzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea. I don't have too many apps so I think I will remove all but stock ones for a few days and see if it changes anything.

The 16MB files are annoying but don't bother me as much as the large downloads do. I have noticed they are increasing in size. My phone according to verizon downloaded several files equaling 600MB a couple of nights ago while I was asleep.

I constantly kill apps with app killer so i know I didn't leave anything out of the norm open.

7. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just another thought here. Do you have wireless tethering on? If so, maybe someone was using your Droids connection.

8. mzman

mzman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have wifi tethering installed but not running I have only used it once back on v3.1.

I have removed all extra apps that I had installed and will report back in a couple of days if it changes anything.

I guess if that doesn't work I might have to reinstall the ROM. Which is strange because I did a clean install when I moved up from v3 (Android 2.0.1) to v6(Android 2.1) So there wouldn't be anything left from a previous install that could be causing it to act up.

9. goathog02

goathog02 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any chance you have Slacker installed w/station caching turned on?

Search tags for this page

droid turbo os services data spike