Data Throttling Hack

Zog

Reaction score
Is there a no throttle for liberty gb?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
It can. It is of limited utility though. Speeds are very much time of day and location dependent more than anything.

Post your services.jar and I'll mod it for you. You must be deodexed.

Would you mind posting instructions here for the do it your selfers?

Snow02

Reaction score
It can. It is of limited utility though. Speeds are very much time of day and location dependent more than anything.

Post your services.jar and I'll mod it for you. You must be deodexed.

Would you mind posting instructions here for the do it your selfers?

Sure. The two files you need are also attached.

1. Download these 2 files:
Smali.jar
Baksmali.jar

2. Create a folder on your C: Drive labeled "Baksmali" and a folder labeled
"Smali" inside of that. (This is for easy access to the folders when being cd'd)

3. Place the 2 downloaded files in the folders accordingly. (I.E. Smali.jar in
"Smali" folder, and Baksmali.jar in "Baksmali" folder.)

4. Using 7zip or WinRAR (or any other zip program) open the services.jar file that you pulled from your phone. Copy the "classes.dex" file and paste it into the "Baksmali" folder.

5. Open your command prompt and type the following:
cd C:\Baksmali
java -Xmx512M -jar baksmali.jar -o classes/ classes.dex

6. Open the newly created "classes" folder (its inside your Baksmali folder that you should already be in) and navigate through"/com/android/server/". Scroll down till you see the 6 or 7 "Throttle" files. They will be located between "TelephonyRegistry" and "TVCableObserver$1$1". DELETE ONLY THE "THROTTLE" FILES.

7. Back out of the folders until you are in the "Baksmali" folder again. Now open the "Smali" folder you created earlier. Place the "classes" FOLDER in the "Smali" folder.

8. Return to your command prompt and type this:
cd Smali
java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex classes/

9. You should now see a "classes.dex" file in your "Smali" folder. This is the NEW compiled services.jar classes.dex file. Pull up the 7zip or WinRAR file you had open earlier, delete the current classes.dex file from the services.jar, and place the newly compiled one in it's place.

10. Place the services.jar file back into your /system/framework folder, set the correct permissions, and boot up.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I already have smali and baksmalli but thanks for the files anyways, and thanks for the walk through. Going to try it shortly.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Hey Snow, just wondered if you have looked at the NitriScript in the D2 hacks section. I have a feeling after reading your instructions, this is the same method as he uses, but I am unsure.

aadster

Reaction score
/system/framework

I went ahead and sent ya a PM containing the information. Thanks again man.

Here you go. This is flashable in clockwork. Or you can just pull the file out and manually copy it over. Your choice.

As always, have a backup made just in case.

Thanks a ton, I'm trying it out now. I just manually copied it over and set the permissions to match the old one. I'll let you guys know what I notice speed-wise over the next day or so.

Thanks again Snow :)

EDIT: Did get a bootloop, but just cleared my cache and its working.

Last edited:

bhavlo

Reaction score
Has this been successfully done for he Droid X Gingerbread 596?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran the nitrascript.exe file while on liberty 2.0.1 (froyo). If this is the same or similar hack, do I need to run it again now that I'm on liberty gb? Basically, will flashing this file hurt?

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Jeffyo

Reaction score
Tried it out. Didn't notice any difference in speed beyond the typical throttle point of ~1.5mbps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums