Data switch app

dominator77

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good app that reliably can turn on and off data..also is there a good battery indicator widget? I downloaded a data switch that always seems to turn data on by itself..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good app that reliably can turn on and off data..also is there a good battery indicator widget? I downloaded a data switch that always seems to turn data on by itself..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Does it have to be a widget for battery? Battmonx is the best thing going for us Droid users to monitor battery because it is one of few battery monitors that actually report your battery in 1% increments rather then 10%. It places the icon with a percentage in the notification bar up top. If you must use a widget, I forget the exact name but circle battery widget, or something like that, can report 1% increments, but I say why clog up my home screen with a widget when a simple task bar icon can do the task?

As for data, maybe try widgetsoid. It can put a widget on your home screen or in the notification curtain when you drop it down. It can allow you to turn on and off data with the tap of a button, and the same goes for Wifi,GPS, and even the flashlight(camera LEDS) although the flashlight is weak compared to TeslaLED which is super bright. The widgetsoid version is probably safe for more long term use but for short term I prefer Tesla because of its brightness.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Turning on Airplane Mode does that.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

u_retz

Reaction score
I've noticed that switching data on and off does affect call reception. At times when I have data disabled people can't get me. They have free line rings (as if phone is on and registered in the network) but the phone does not ring. It does not show missed call either. This is really frustrating. Tried to play with radio in the "testing" menu but no decent solution was found.

Data was switched on/off with Juice Defender, Widgetsoid, via Data Manager.

Has anyone else faced similar problem?

illmatic636

Reaction score
I believe that the way those program work, they change your APN witch disables the data. Sometime there are issues with having the correct APN placed back. What you can do is keep a copy of your apn. There is a free app in the Market called APN back up. This will fix any data issues you may have. But you need to save your APN, to restore it at a later time if needed.

Good luck.

u_retz

Reaction score
If I understand you correct APN problems affect voice calls. The problem I have is with the voice calls, not with data connection. The phone does not respond to incoming calls, data is ok.