1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Data Storage for Droid RAZR MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by IleDile, May 2, 2012.

1. IleDile

IleDile New Member

I know little to nothing about data storage in cell phones, so I have no idea what to do if I try to get this phone. Could somebody explain to me exactly when data storage is charged? Am I just charged for a certain amount of downloaded materials? When I download an application, does it charge me? When I use an application to download a song, does it charge me? This probably sounds like the dumbest question ever, but I don't know much about it.
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

"Data storage" isn't charged. That's the amount of storage you have on your phone for saving things (music, movies, photos, etc.).

If you're on a tiered data plan, they keep track of your 3G/4G data usage. So if you download an app over Verizon's network, that counts against your allotment of data. If you use an application to download a song, that counts against your allotment of data. Anything that uses the internet when you're connected to Verizon's data network will count against your allotment of data. You're already paying for a certain amount each month, so you won't get "charged" anything beyond that unless you go over the amount you're paying for.

However, any internet usage via WiFi does not count against your allotment of data.
  3. IleDile

IleDile New Member

So if I use the browser to read something using the 4G internet connection without downloading anything, it would still count against me? Also, does that mean that if I use my WiFi connection to download an app, song, etc., it won't have any effect on my data allotment?
  4. rpdonald

rpdonald New Member

Yep, use Wi-Fi whenever possible!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  5. lmpmd

lmpmd New Member

If u read news online thru 4g u are using data and it counts as data. The data that displays that website has to reach your phone. Using wifi connection to download app won't count as data used.
  6. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Yes. Absolutely anything that uses the internet over 3G/4G will count against your allotment of data. Absolutely anything that uses the internet over WiFi will not count against your allotment of data.

You can keep track of your 3G/4G data usage with the My Verizon Mobile app.
  7. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

100% correct! But I expect nothing less from bsweetness! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.
Search tags for this page
does the droid maxx use more data?
droid maxx online storage
droid razr maxx uses too much data
how can i track what uses my data plan on android razr maxx
how do you read the chart for your usage on motorola droid razr m
how to block razr maxx using data
how to read data usage on droid maxx
how to save data on maxx
how to save data on smart phone droid razar
razor 4g data usage

what uses data on droid razr