Data service stops until reboot.

Dougw133

Reaction score
Been having issues where I don't phone calls or texts for awhile. I finally notice and my data indicator os stuck as is no matter what I do. No web, can't text etc... ill reboot and get 5 texts and a missed call apparently from when my phone stopped receiving. Thought it might be rom related so went from bugless to liquid and same thing. Cleared cache and data when doing so. Actual verizon service is full bars when this happens. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jeyman

Reaction score
Been having issues where I don't phone calls or texts for awhile. I finally notice and my data indicator os stuck as is no matter what I do. No web, can't text etc... ill reboot and get 5 texts and a missed call apparently from when my phone stopped receiving. Thought it might be rom related so went from bugless to liquid and same thing. Cleared cache and data when doing so. Actual verizon service is full bars when this happens. Any ideas?

thats more then data if texts stop. what OS are you on? lot of GBs have data stop at random after a call is made or something.

put the phone into airplane and see after turning it back on. if thats it, could very well be a rom, try a new one.

if not, try uninstalling and new apps you have added.

Last edited:

yummylishouz

Reaction score

im actually having this EXACT issue.. id say started about a week or so ago.. its driving me nuts. cause ill be mid conversation then all of a sudden 45 min later im like.. why did they not respond? and i send myself a "test" message.. and then the little explanation mark pops up and says i cant send text! a reboot fixes it.. but i never receive the texts i missed.. and its frustrating to have to reboot everytime i realize its not working.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Data AND texts/calls sound like your radio is turning off entirely. Text and calls use a different part of the network, not 3G.

Again, try the airplane mode on/wait 10 seconds/off trick instead of rebooting to see if it helps.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you tethering? I've had this problem, but usually only when tethering. It overloads the antennas and forces me to reboot before my phone will reactivate them.

It was particularly bad while using Firefox on my PC while tethering.

yummylishouz

Reaction score
im not tethering.. and yes the airplane on/off mode thing works.. but its still.. like.. shouldnt be happening? i shouldnt have to wait till i realize that i cant receive anything to then reboot/switch to airplane mode etc just to be able to get service back.. its extremely inconvenient and i will bring my phone back if it continues. i dont have an expensive phone and data plan for it to not work half the time. and today i noticed that it will switch to airplane mode by itself! ive just completely had it.. i am rooted but i will revert back to stock tomorrow and see if it still happens or if its a rom related issue.