1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Data roaming option turning off automatically - any fix ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by LoveQwerty, Jan 19, 2012.

1. LoveQwerty

LoveQwerty New Member

I have a Droid Pro, Android 2.3.3, build 4.5.1-110-VNS-11, sim unlocked, using it in Europe.

I've recently changed my provider, and the new one needs to use the data roaming option all the time. Problem is, I turn it on, but as soon as you loose signal, the option turns itself off and you have to manually turn it on. Doing this many times a day becomes a BIG pita ...

After some research it seems to be a known Moto software issue, but haven't identified a fix for the Droid Pro. But I realized I don't have the latest system update, I should probably upgrade to the latest and see if it still happens.

I found a zip for the Official Update 4.6.8, can I install this over 4.5.1 or there are some other intermediate updates that I should install first ? Or is there something newer than 4.6.8 ? I'm looking for the answer myself, but I'm a bit confused by the many updates, custom roms, sbf, etc...

Anyway, does anyone know if the latest version would fix this data roaming issue ? Or I still need some app or custom rom whatever ?

Thanks for any pointer in the right direction ...
  2. LoveQwerty

LoveQwerty New Member

Follow up: tried installing the official update.zip of version 4.6.8 - didn't work ... some Error ...

file_getprop ... ro.build.fingerprint ... 4.5.1-110-VNS-22/110817 ... error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip ... status 7 ... install aborted ...

Doctor, what's the problem ? Is my current version too old ? Should I install some other intermediary update ?
  3. LoveQwerty

LoveQwerty New Member

Continuing to digg for a solution ...

post-build=verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.3.3/4.5.1-110-VNS-22/110817:user/release-keys
    post-timestamp=1313649154
    pre-build=verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2/venus2:2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87/8:user/release-keys
    pre-device=cdma_venus2

I found the following in a metadata file

and this in updater-script, both part of the update package:

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2/venus2:2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87/8:user/release-keys" ||
    file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.3.3/4.5.1-110-VNS-22/110817:user/release-keys");

It looks like there's no way to update the 4.5.1...VNS-11, as it's looking for a pre-update 3.4.2_80_V2_87 version ...

Seems silly to me, I have to downgrade to 3.4.2 in order to update to 4.6.8 ?!

At the time I've installed the update, I thought it was an official version ... I guess it was probably only an official-leak and the VNS-22 is the really-official one ...

OK, guess I'll start searching for the 3.4.2 now ...
  4. LoveQwerty

LoveQwerty New Member

Just found in another thread a link to a SBF 3.8.7, is this the same as the 2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87 ?!

... deeply confused ... would appreciate any help, insult, whatever :)
Search tags for this page
data fix droid pro
data roaming auto turn off
data toaming auto turn off
droid 2 data roaming keeps turning off
droid 3 data roaming issue
how to turn off data roaming omy droid pro
how to turn off data roaming on an verizon droid razor m
how to turn off data roaming on droid pro

how to turn off roaming on droid razr

how to turn on roaming on my razor
my s4 turns off roaming by itself