Data roaming constantly disconnecting

droidgrr

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 Global in June 2011 thru Verizon. I live in the country and according to their coverage map, my house is in their extended 3G area. (3G is about 5 miles east.) My plan covers roaming, so I just keep the data roaming option checked.

Last week of October, I got my first system update. Ever since then, this option keeps unchecking itself- seems like hourly. I get notified if I am trying to do something that my roaming is turned off and I can turn it back on, but this is getting to be a pain!

I called Verizion and they suggested sending me a new phone. Personally, I really don't want a new phone and have to reset everything up again. (I finally did a factory reset so that I could access the Market App that got all screwed up by a deleted gmail address.) Since I didn't have the problem prior to the upgrade, I am not certain a new phone would fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

phone80

Reaction score
Hi,

I know you added this a while ago but I am am trying to fix the same problem. I've done a hard restart and as a last resort just got a new handset but all will not fix this problem. I am currently in Canada, have a global plan ( I want to global roam) and I constantly get a "deny or accept" global roaming message and the phone will disconnect my roaming. Have you solved this problem - if so please let me know how!

Thanks!

OP
D

droidgrr

Reaction score
No. I called Verizon and they just told me to get a new phone under my warranty. I haven't done it yet but I am considering it. I just dread having to reset the phone up again (did a factory reset to get my correct gmail address linked to it). I have the Droid 2 Global which I don't think they even sell anymore. Will have to investigate my phone options - like if I could upgrade to a different phone without paying too much more. I do live in an area that is just outside their regular coverage, so I wonder if it is a function on their end to constantly turn it off. When I go into a covered area, it seem to stay on longer.