1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Data restore Help (flashing from 2.0.1 to BBv.7)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JDROIDS, Mar 9, 2010.

1. JDROIDS

JDROIDS New Member

I have no problem flashing ROMS with the nandroid backup but I never seem to be able to get my data back. I did an advanced nandroid restore and restored just data and boot but that just gave me boot loops. This was while flashed to ultimate droid 6.3. I would love to try Bugless Beast v.7.

I now have 2.0.1 Smoked Glass ROM.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
  2. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

I don't think you can go from a 2.01 based rom to a 2.1 based rom and keep your data. I don't think 2.01 Data is compatible with the 2.1 system (hence the bootloops). You could have keep your data if you had come from another 2.1 rom (ie BB.7 - >Ultimate 6.5). Hope this helps.

so as far as keeping data goes:
    2.01->2.01 = ok
    2.1->.2.1 = ok
    2.01->2.1 = bad
    2.1->2.01 = bad

But you can restore from 2.01->2.1 data with titanium backup app in the market. It is a pay app, but there are always other sources.
  3. JDROIDS

JDROIDS New Member

Thanks a lot. Very helpful.
  4. RedBull

RedBull New Member

I'm a tad new to this as well. I have Smoked Glass 4.5, a 2.0.1 ROM...gonna try out Simply Stunning 2.0.2, which is 2.1. So basically I do a nandroid backup of SG4.5 and it saves to the SD card, then do a wipe data and install the new 2.1 ROM. If I don't like it, I can go back down to 2.0.1, and get what I saved tonight, right? I just can't take my data from 2.1 back to 2.0.1?

If I had to go back to the 2.0.1 ROM...is it the same procedure? Backup 2.1, data wipe, and then nandroid install the SG4.5?

Thanks in advance...and sorry for the newbie questions...