1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Data restore Help (flashing from 2.0.1 to BBv.7)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JDROIDS, Mar 9, 2010.

1. JDROIDS

JDROIDS New Member

I have no problem flashing ROMS with the nandroid backup but I never seem to be able to get my data back. I did an advanced nandroid restore and restored just data and boot but that just gave me boot loops. This was while flashed to ultimate droid 6.3. I would love to try Bugless Beast v.7.

I now have 2.0.1 Smoked Glass ROM.

Thanks in advanced for your help.
  2. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

I don't think you can go from a 2.01 based rom to a 2.1 based rom and keep your data. I don't think 2.01 Data is compatible with the 2.1 system (hence the bootloops). You could have keep your data if you had come from another 2.1 rom (ie BB.7 - >Ultimate 6.5). Hope this helps.

so as far as keeping data goes:
    2.01->2.01 = ok
    2.1->.2.1 = ok
    2.01->2.1 = bad
    2.1->2.01 = bad

But you can restore from 2.01->2.1 data with titanium backup app in the market. It is a pay app, but there are always other sources.
  3. JDROIDS

JDROIDS New Member

Thanks a lot. Very helpful.
  4. RedBull

RedBull New Member

I'm a tad new to this as well. I have Smoked Glass 4.5, a 2.0.1 ROM...gonna try out Simply Stunning 2.0.2, which is 2.1. So basically I do a nandroid backup of SG4.5 and it saves to the SD card, then do a wipe data and install the new 2.1 ROM. If I don't like it, I can go back down to 2.0.1, and get what I saved tonight, right? I just can't take my data from 2.1 back to 2.0.1?

If I had to go back to the 2.0.1 ROM...is it the same procedure? Backup 2.1, data wipe, and then nandroid install the SG4.5?

Thanks in advance...and sorry for the newbie questions...