Data Plans and Grandfathering Question

tbell6

Reaction score
If you got unlimited data for your smart phone while it was available, then you are grandfathered_ No longer available on newlines since tiered data.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lobo13

Reaction score
Unlimited data is one of the big reasons I still roll with Verizon. I imagine if they remove unlimited they will lose some people.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Definitely will lose the people that have unlimited now. I mean the cap limit sucks.

OP
B

Badadio

Reaction score
4G for the price of 3G sounds almost too good to be true...Although I live in an area that doesn't yet use 4G so I guess it's moot anyway. If true, though, I'm glad I don't have to pay extra for something that I can't even use.

69copo

Reaction score
I have kept my unlimited data plan since day one. I've fine through numerous Blackberries and DX 1&2, Thunderbolts, D1-D2G and now the Bionic. According to VZW whatever your contract is it will be grandfathered in 4G or not.

Sent from the machine to rule all machines.

Gehangin

Reaction score
Here is my deal/question:
I have an original Droid with unlimited data.
Just got a friend's Droid 3 . . . when I activate the Droid 3 on my line, will my plan just stay the same, including the unlimited data?
Thanks

catfisher

Reaction score
You should be able to keep it. Don't let big red take it from you and be sure you mention your unlimited data plan. Let us know what happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Gehangin

Reaction score
Do I need to call them or can I just enter my phone number when using the activation process on the Droid 3?