Data Plan Required.. The Answer is YES

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by danDroid, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherri

sherri Silver Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi, guys! I am new here. I am currently still using my ancient Motorola Q (WM5!!). I was due for my NE2 $100 credit from VZW last December, but there was no phone worth switching to, including the Q9c. However, the Droid has changed that. Can't wait to get this phone... I also moderate at another forum, so I am sort of familiar with Verizon policies.

For over a year, ANY smartphone from VZW needs an internet /data plan. HOWEVER, for the "older phones", they were including the "pay as you go" data usage as a plan choice. (Seems ridiculous, as this gets costly fast!)

On all the other sites for the Droid, it states Verizon will require the $29.99 data plan...

Hope this helps a bit...

2. sherri

sherri Silver Member

Ratings:
    +15

Sam, the VZW data package at $29.99 is the same as their BB plan. (I have a smartphone, husband has a BB...):) Same price on the bill (29.99 per phone...)

3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    BB Enterprise plan i get get the same as the normal plan, so alittle different. But i also don't want a BB so there's a problem lol.

4. shima

shima New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, that's the way of the smart phone. I too have a Storm 1 and am already used to the 30 a month, so if I switch to Droid it won't be a big deal. The data plan gives you unlimited data / email useage, it's definitely worth it. You could always switch and pay per MB for your data, but you'd go broke really fast, trust me.

5. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    i dont understand what the big deal is with everyone not liking the fact that certain smartphones require a data plan. It's not just the DROID, Blackberry, IPhone... ETC. if you have a smartphone with out a data plan most of the phone is utterly useless. For those that say they cant afford the data plan then maybe a high end phone isnt for you.

i know it sounds kinda harsh but if money is tight then maybe instead of dropping several hundred on a good phone maybe that person should put the money towards their grocery or gas fund. Im sure it would serve a better purpose there.

6. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 64G
    Since most people who are interested in the Droid, already have a smart phone, ie:BB or something similar, they already are paying for a data plan, It looks like it will be a direct swap in $$ for it when they switch to the Droid. So this is certainly not an issue I would think.

And I agree with "garrett" that if you are buying the Droid to be as smart as it can be, without a data plan it would just be a cute phone or paperweight. But from what I have heard and read, VZW will not sell it to you unless you agree to the data plan anyway.

It's part of the price of having good tech.

7. xjman349

xjman349 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work for Verizon Wireless and the data packages will be 29.99 for the standard use 44.99 for the enterprise user. Just like the BB.

8. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 64G
    Welcome to DroidForums xjman349 !!

How is the news on the front lines? Are you allowed to tell us? Do You work in the stores themselves or behind the scene? Are they making sure they have enough docks and such for when the Droid is released on Friday? I know for myself, I am looking at dropping some coin on these too.

9. xjman349

xjman349 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I work behind the scenes. There will be plenty of Multimedia Docks and Navigation Docks on release. If you are going to a specific store and they are out you are able to call and have them ordered over the phone with free 2 days shipping depending on your status. If you are a VIP customer you will also receive a discount on the accessories. I have been using both devices for a bit and they are both looking really strong. Also don't know if you were aware but some high traffic stores will be opening early on 11/06.

10. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes the VIP thing is cool. No activation fees either :). I am also glad to hear they will have enough supplies on release day. Also glad to have you here

11. xjman349

xjman349 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks glad to be here. If anyone has questions and they don't feel comfortable feel free to PM me. I will be happy to answer any questions I can. Just remember if a specific store doesn't have stock on something call *611 or 180092202204 and they can get you an accessory sent out. When you call a center they deal with their own separate inventory on accessories than the stores.

12. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does a droid 2 need a data plan
does droid phone require data plan
does motorola android x2 require data package?
does motorola droid a855 require a data plan

does the motorola droid a855 need a data plan

does the motorola droid a855 require a data plan

how much data is required for dataplan
lg-vs600 flashed activate without data plan
required data plan are a joke
whats the lowest verizon data package