Data Plan Required.. The Answer is YES

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by danDroid, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Using my Droid with the $29 plan and connected to my corporate exchange server.

2. gcburns

gcburns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason we want this???

I dont understand the people saying "Why would you buy a smartphone if you dont want the data" Answer - A hell of a lot more reasons than I would buy one for the data.

Wifi is everywhere. Especially in bed or at a bar like BW3s. The two places I'd most likely use the phones internet.

But Its not about the Internet!

1st - New Smartphones are great MP3 players. Its a lot easier to have one device always with you than to lug 2 everywhere. My last 2 mp3 players were stolen. I've never lost a phone.

2nd - New smartphones have the best phone cameras. Yet another device I dont need.

3rd - New smartphones have the best text messaging features - scroll screen conversation mode. Something I use a lot.

4th - New smartphones would make for great GPS units when necessary. But I'm not used to paying $30 a month to receive a free GPS signal.

Instead of Verizon and Att mandating Data plans, why not just auto-shut down the phones 3G data when its not paid for? Oh, yeah. Not effective at getting money.

#146 gcburns, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  3. gcburns

gcburns New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exchange Server

Your accessing email through the web. Any company with an Exchange Server should have remote web access for email set up. Which you can easily access through a web page with the $29 plan.

Exchange authenticates people to a company's entire network. So they could go to sites, be recognized, view content related to them, access restricted areas.

Answer: If you just need email, and your company has remote web access, you're fine with the $29 plan. If you need access to the company internal websites and applications, you need the $44 plan.

#147 gcburns, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. Mayratib044

Mayratib044 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In the documentary we watched, it never mentioned the risks of incidents that could be caused. Thanks for the info.

5. waymon

waymon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly,

I don't see how everyone isnt in agreement when it comes to having a smartphone with no data. WiFi is everywhere!!

On a typical day I am without wireless internet for about 40 minutes, no need to pay 30 a month for that.

I would much rather spend 200-300 bucks for the phone and pay 20 a month for service.

There are so many apps and features that the phone has that are possible without internet that I would love to use.

I want to get the droid and a prepaid sim card, and just use my google voice number and be just dandy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does a droid 2 need a data plan
does droid phone require data plan
does motorola android x2 require data package?
does motorola droid a855 require a data plan

does the motorola droid a855 need a data plan

does the motorola droid a855 require a data plan

how much data is required for dataplan
lg-vs600 flashed activate without data plan
required data plan are a joke
whats the lowest verizon data package