Data on/off on S7

aarong03

Reaction score
I'm new to Samsung, I just got the S7(not edge). I've always been a Moto guy. One thing I've been dealing with on my S7, is that I use Agent app to save battery overnight. Agent is unable to shut off the data on the S7, on my droid maxx it would turn it off. And when I turned Agent off/paused it would turn on data and wifi on my Maxx.

Does anyone know why this might be not shutting off data on the S7?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My guess is that it's related to the differences in permissions for Marshmallow. If the app hasn't been updated to fully support the changes in Marshmallow, you may be out of luck for now. Beyond checking the settings in the app itself, try checking these:
  • Make sure that the app in question has permission to modify system settings: Settings > Applications > Application Manager > More > Modify system settings. Scroll down to the app and make sure it's switched on.
  • It also may need to be enabled as a Phone administrator: Settings > Lock screen and security > Other security settings > Phone administrators. If the app is listed there, make sure it's switched on. If it's not listed there, then it either hasn't asked for permission to be an administrator or it doesn't need it.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Ok, I looked and it is not under Phone administrator settings lock screen section. So I guess I'm going to have to wait and see if they send out any updates. In the meantime, do you know of any apps that do similar actions as Agent app does?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If u can't find an automated way....or until u do:
Pull down on the screen twice. There's a toggle called mobile data.
Should work until u can figure out a way to automate the process

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I have been doing for now. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope they fix the app soon. I enjoyed using it on my maxx, worked really well.