Data issues

cjb5327

Reaction score
I am having issues downloading anything from the market or attachmemts over 3G. I can only download stuff while using wifi. Email updates regardless.

Any suggestions or help, thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
Try going in settings then press battery and data manager next press data saver and uncheck data saver.

amandab

Reaction score
hi! I'm having the same problem. I have tried multiple browsers, cleared data and cache, unchecked the data saver box, gotten download all files and still have no success. Could I be missing something? I used to download and access things all the time... I cant pinpoint it exactly but I feel like it started happening since my last update...could that be it?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Is it just your browser your having issues downloading with or your market also? What's your system version and are you rooted? Maybe someone can help you out with just a little more info about your phone. Sounds like you tried most of the common fixes. You said you cleared data and cache but you didn't specifically say on what.

amandab

Reaction score
Is it just your browser your having issues downloading with or your market also? What's your system version and are you rooted? Maybe someone can help you out with just a little more info about your phone. Sounds like you tried most of the common fixes. You said you cleared data and cache but you didn't specifically say on what.

Sorry I didn't add that. I've bren a little frustrated as I've been doing research on fixes for weeks and even when I think I've found something it still doesn't work....

Just browser downloads, market is working fine. I've cleared cache and data in my market, browsers, downloads, download manager, any apps that might be used tp access the files once downloaded.

I don't think I'm rooted (I forget which rooted means-I have not tried to access inaccessible parts of my phone if that makes sense)

And I've got android version 2.3.3 a nd system version 4.5.605.mb810

Thank you for any info you might be able to provide.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Go ahead and try to wipe cache partition in stock recovery. Don't worry you won't lose anything but sometimes that takes care of certain bugs. Power off your phone then press your hardkey home button first and hold it in then also press your power button and hold both buttons in till you see a triangle on the screen. Then let go of the buttons and press both volume buttons in at the same time. You'll then get a menu. Use your volume button to scroll down to where it says wipe cache partition and select it with your power button, then select yes to wipe cache. Once it's done just select reboot system. See if that helps.

amandab

Reaction score
That unfortunately didn't work either..... Should I try it another time?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Don't think doing it again will change anything. I've looked at the list of things you've already done and it seems you've tried everything but a factory reset. It's up to you whether you want to try that or wait to see if anyone else has any ideas first.

amandab

Reaction score
Well thanks for your info... Based on my research that may be it for me at this point. :( I'll just have to muster up the courage or live without downloads.

Thanks again.