data issue

creaky

Reaction score
Sometimes when I go from airplane mode off to on, the data won't connect on my phone. I can make phone calls but any data-based apps (gmail, weather, etc.) give me a connection failed message. Also, the reception bars in the status bar are white, not green.

If I restart the phone this seems to take care of it as long as I am in an area where I have cell reception (I don't at my house, different story....)

I did update the radio to baseband .12. Wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Anybody else having this issue? Suggestions? It seemed to have started at nightly 25.

mikex

Reaction score
Are you using root call blocker by chance? That's what was causing me to have the same issues. Got rid of the app and that got rid of the problem.

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
No, no call-blocking apps on the phone, I'm afraid. I just installed nightly 30 and did a dalvik wipe so I'm hoping that will take care of the problem.

meshdub

Reaction score
That happens to me sometimes when I'm on wifi with good cell cignal. Then I try to send an sms/mms, and it can't switch to 3G. I have to reboot the phone. I don't think it's ROM related, but very annoying nonetheless...

comk4ver

Reaction score
This is gingerbread at it's naughty behavior... I had the same issue on my og droid...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
Similar to the problem I posted about. No miraculous fixes yet.

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
Oh, well. Maybe some bad-a** dev on the Cynaogen team will figure out a fix for this....

comk4ver

Reaction score
how they can if they don't know what to look for?