Data drops

DancingRAZR

Reaction score
Do you think it will ever get fixed or will we see drops for the entire two year contact

Sent from my OG DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Do you think it will ever get fixed or will we see drops for the entire two year contact

There is a "leaked" update for the Razr floating around. From what I've read from the few who have installed the update, the data drop is much, much better (I don't know exactly what much, much better means...but I assume better than what that individual had been experiencing before the update). There were a few other favorable comments about the update also...shutter speed and a couple others. So, keep your fingers crossed, when the OTA comes out shortly maybe the data problem will be "much, much better".
t

Baseballd2

Reaction score
I had no data ALL of today! From 8 to 6 Ive had about 45 minutes of data, this is crazy. Cmon verizon

OP
D

DancingRAZR

Reaction score
I usually drop data about every five minutes

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase the Razr but with all this data dropping going on, I'm not sure if I should just wait. This is crazy!! Is the majority of folks experiencing this or is it just in certain areas?

chrisf8657

Reaction score
There is a "leaked" update for the Razr floating around. From what I've read from the few who have installed the update, the data drop is much, much better (I don't know exactly what much, much better means...but I assume better than what that individual had been experiencing before the update). There were a few other favorable comments about the update also...shutter speed and a couple others. So, keep your fingers crossed, when the OTA comes out shortly maybe the data problem will be "much, much better".
t

Where did you see this leaked update?
Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Where did you see this leaked update?
Thanks
This forum...go here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/193286-ota-6-12-173-a.html. Although the reports are positive, I'd wait until Motorola is finished updating the Razr and getting ICS before flashing or rooting...just my personal opinion. The Razr is "a work in progress" and getting ready for ICS...the prudent thing to do is wait till they are finished and get the OTA upgrade to ICS...then if you want to "tinker" fine...it's your phone.

Oaklands

Reaction score
I hooked my Razr up to my car dock, set it to 3g only and headed to a customer site which is about 130 miles one way from my home. I was on 4 lane road with the majority of it being on Interstate 75. I could not believe how 3g would drop. I had my Toshiba Thrive tethered and a copy of Wifi Tether running.

The 3g would drop and might take 3-4 minutes to come back on. This NEVER happened with my OG Droid. I would just make the Thrive load something occasionally just to get some traffic going. I couldn't play with it as I was driving. However, it was a bit disgusting that I had 4g completely off and would drop 3g data.