Data drops since update.

Zregnier

Reaction score
When I was on .893 I rarely had data issues. Since going to .902 and now .905 I'm lucky to keep data more than 10 min. I'm running Eclipse 3.0 and have tried everything imaginable to help this out but to no avail. I'm use juice defender for battery purposes but don't see this being the issue. I think I'm gonna try to convince VZW to give me a Razr MAXX.

jawknee

Reaction score
i dont think its the phone. i've had the bionic since day 1 with .893 and .902 rooted and never had any data issues until 2 weeks ago. now it keeps dropping. tried rebooting, wiping cache, removing sim card. removing the sim card help for a little bit, but when i opened facebook, the data dropped again. so i think theres a verizon network problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think vzw has once again changed how our devices register with their towers. While I don't know for sure, it seems likely that this will be fixed by one of the upcoming ota's.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bobbyp

Reaction score
I think vzw has just been having issues for a couple of days. I have not received the ota yet but for two days I had had more data drops then I have in the previous three months of ownership.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

deduct

Reaction score
Same here in Arkansas. Data will reconnect itself within 10 seconds. But I have been having more drops lately than I have had in some time. 905 update allows radio to connect in record time if I do have a drop however.

Last edited:

josh1980

Reaction score
Personally, I live in a town of less than 10,000 in Illinois. I've never had any of the issues with data disconnects with one exception. In an adjacent town I've never gotten good data, ever. I get the 3G icon everywhere, but in this one town it's always white and I never get data to work unless I'm connected to Wifi. :p

Mr.Badguy

Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue. I suppose that does mean its a network thing and not a phone/sim card problem. Hope they get it fixed soon, otherwise what the hell am I paying for?

Reaction score
I saw somewhere else (XDA, maybe?) that there's been more issues with VZW's 4g network. Have you tried the battery/sim pull thing? I was having some trouble a few days ago but have been stables since I did the sim trick. Just a thought.

hubblemuffin

Reaction score
I'm having data problems as well. They first started when i flashed the Eclipse 3.0 on my .902 rooted, then after only a few days of data frustration, I flashed back to Eclipse 2.2 and am having the same data problems. I took a screenshot of my Phone Information menu it the error messages could possibly help with the situation.

View attachment 51070

josh1980

Reaction score
I had my first experience with data drops. I have no 4g in my town but when I was in Chicago yesterday I had a strong signal but no data. I had to force 3g to get a good data signal.

coop8070

Reaction score
I have a stock non rooted bionic and I updated to one of the leaked .905 updates and ever since my data has been horrible. I live in a city were I have full bars of 4g and I never had problems before. now my 4g icon turns white like every 15 minutes and I cant get data back without going in and out of airplane mode, sometimes it cuts out like every minute, which is a real problem if you take a wrong turn while using the navigation.

DrewVT6

Reaction score
*1st Post*
I joined the site because my stock BIONIC has been struggling so much with data the past two weeks. I live and work in the LA area and have never had issues with my 4G coverage. Wonder what's going on... I updated to .905 last week per recommendations on the VZW forums, to no avail.

Last edited:

laugreg

Reaction score
I have been having intermittent 4G LTE drops as well as my son and significant other. This has been occurring for the last two to three weeks but less often recently. At first I thought it was my phone but it seems to be a problem with others. So I'm assuming it's a network issue. Do you think VZW is doing something or screwing with the network because of the change to the share data plan?

DamDroid

Reaction score
I've been having data drop issues as well with my non-rooted Bionic for the past few weeks. However, it seems to be less frequent these past few days. I called Verizon last week and their answer was to ship me a replacement Bionic, but I'm thinking of keeping my original cause it seems like (after reading this thread) it's not the phone.

wiseworks

Reaction score
I too have had many problems with data drops since the last update. Prior to that I had zero problems with this.

I've talked to customer service twice. The first time they reset my data and it worked for 2 days. The second time they said it was a Bionic issue and that they would overnight me a refurb. However, two minutes later they said that Verizon has been having 4G data problems all over U.S.A.

Any suggestions?