Data dropping every few minutes...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Never been this bad before, I even thought if I was really sympathetic to those who did get regular drops the bionic gods would spare me. Blasphemy.

Was really trying not to and just wait it out but I might just install the .901 leak tonight. Shame...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never been this bad before, I even thought if I was really sympathetic to those who did get regular drops the bionic gods would spare me. Blasphemy.

Was really trying not to and just wait it out but I might just install the .901 leak tonight. Shame...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a final note, my wife's Bionic is running .901 and while that phone did not really have connection issues (other than occasionally take a little longer than comfortable to switch from 4G - 3G), it seems to be running flawlessly now.

Good luck.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have noticed more data drops as of late after taking the latest OTA...advice given by BFF is solid. I know that VZW is aware, it is just when we will see another fix released for it.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I'm currently on. 901 and have had no data drops Friday it took a little while longer then normal to make the handoff from 3g to 4g about 10mns. Which is unusual but still not a nightmare.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SteveC

Reaction score
Until the last week I never had a data drop with my Bionic. I'm in a 3G area, so have had 4G turned off. Right out of the blue...bang everytime I pick up the phone there is no data. Every single time. I'm beginning to wonder if there is ANY Verizon smartphone that will hold data. If I thought there was, I have a few days on my 30 day exchange and I'd switch. Problems seems switch...to what? I'm even cynical enough to think the Razor MAXX will have a radio to fix the problem and VZW hopes they can get everybody with a Bionic (or whatever) to pony up for the new kid on the block.

I'm, going to do the factory reset, reroot and go back to the .901 and see. I have no idea of what other options there are right now.

sgregory111

Reaction score
Still have data drops on 901 - in some areas

I have upgraded to 901 from 7.893.

I spend a lot of time in up state New York, Ithaca. 7.893 worked well but I still had problems in this area. I upgraded to 901 and thought my problems were completely solved. When I was in Florida everything worked great. excellent hand off from wifi and after phone calls.

Now that I am back in the Ithaca area it is terrible. It is absolutely worse then 5.7.893.

I have debated restoring to stock and taking it into Verizon.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
While I was on 5.5.886 (stock firmware on release day), 5.5.893 (current official ota update), and 5.7.893 (unofficial update), my bionic was dropping data CONSTANTLY. I have been rooted the whole time. I found myself allllllways having to airplane mode cycle in order to use my data at all.
As soon as I switched to 5.9.901, all my data connection problems went away! I haven't had to airplane mode cycle a single time in the two weeks since I installed it. I lost data two or three times, but only for about a minute and then it reconnected.
<3 5.9.901

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, it seems to be pretty isolated to the "break room" at my job, even in the front desk area I have great 4g; however, what's throwing me off is nobody else has data issues. So while my phone is the most "advanced," all the outdated iphones around it are the ones holding data. I just don't get it, why can't everybody use the same network?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just a quick update, but I didn't drop data ONCE while at work today. No change other than I wasn't on my phone quite as much, but I still noticed every single time I checked it had data and I never once lost it mid-use. So for those STILL in doubt about the network, they are making changes to it DAILY and we need to just suck it up. That is all.