data drop please help!!

xxxpg13

Reaction score
So before I came to work I downloaded aldiko bookreader and my 3g worked fine. I put my phone in my pocket and when I went to use it a few hours later my I had no 3g or 1x for that matter. I keep randomly getting texts that seem to push through but I can't send one out. I only have internet through wifi which is how im posting this. Im rooted and debloated and have been for quit a while. Does anyone know how to fix this? Im having family problems right now and I can't afford for my phone to not receive and important message or call. Please help!! Thanks for your time
pg

OP
X

xxxpg13

Reaction score
So I pulled my battery for about an hour or so, and turned it back on when I got off. It took a minute but my 3g came back with full strength so its fixed for the moment. However im still very curious as to why this happened, so if anyone has any info or has experienced the same thing id like some input. Thanks
Pg

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Just to be clear, are you saying when you tried later you had no 3G or 1X while WiFi was on?

Have you installed the update?

Have you updated Roaming?

Why an hour? Did you try a restart first?

What was your signal strength (Settings, About Phone, Status, Signal Strength) before and then after. (yes I know you probably didn't think to check this time)

OP
X

xxxpg13

Reaction score
No update installed I rooted and uninstalled a few bloatware thing like blockbust but nothing important, and I plan to sbf back to stock so I can update
I don't know how to update roaming but as I work in a hospital a few miles from a tower I wouldn't think roaming would be an issue but I am new too the d3 I had an eris and d1 before this so im not new to root
I tried a restart, I went outside to the parking lot and restated again, I did a system restore from a nandroid I had made earlier that day just cause I do that like once a week
And no hour because I was getting frustrated around 6 and pulled the battery and got really busy till sevem when I
got off so I decided to pop it in and see
and I had wifi on so that I could atleast be contacted through email if need be. I understand that in large building and such sometimes your gonna lose service or have poor data but this was ridiculous no matter where I went inside or outside
thanks pg
and ill remember to check my signal strength next time

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Update roaming with *226 and choose option 2.

One of the issues with the stock (not updated) phone was that it didn't select the closest/strongest tower and would seem to roam between towers. The roaming update might help that a bit but ultimately I believe the OTA update is required to fix it more completely.