data drop more frequent

droidworld

Reaction score
This is now getting annoying for me. Over the last week off and on. I am under the unlimited plan so I feel like in being robbed here. Not sure what Verizon is up to

matjmonk

Reaction score
This is now getting annoying for me. Over the last week off and on. I am under the unlimited plan so I feel like in being robbed here. Not sure what Verizon is up to

Are you running stock .905? If so, that is the problem. You could consider moving to one of the ICS leaks such as .230 or .232, they seem to be much better at maintaining the data connection than .905.

BeHell

Reaction score
Are you running stock .905? If so, that is the problem. You could consider moving to one of the ICS leaks such as .230 or .232, they seem to be much better at maintaining the data connection than .905.

This worked for me! :biggrin:

*I just noticed OP has a Thunderbolt...is there an ICS leak for that device as well?

Last edited:
OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
No im not rooted. Maybe thats part of the problem. Kinda sucks cause im not getting what I pay for. An occasional data drop is understanble but not frequent drops thats rediculous

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
905 (for whatever reason) seems to be plagued with data drops. Move over to the 232 ICS leak (don't go to 235), and you should be better. I honesty haven't had a data drop in a long time.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

What city do you live in?

BeHell

Reaction score
No im not rooted. Maybe thats part of the problem. Kinda sucks cause im not getting what I pay for. An occasional data drop is understanble but not frequent drops thats rediculous

you don't have to have root in order to flash the ICS leak. it is just that...a leak of the official build. you need to have system version .905 which most likely you do because you've probably received the OTA updates from verizon automatically... again, you have a thunderbolt though?

brunla

Reaction score
I have been plagued with data drops on stock 905 and finally made this decision to go to 232. NIGHTMARE. Nearly bricked my phone, took me 9 hours without a break to get back to 905. The people recommending this should realize that this isn't a snap for some people's phones for whatever reason. If you are having serious data issues, there might be something corrupted in phone which doesn't make the switch to ICS easy.
Call Verizon and complain.

905 (for whatever reason) seems to be plagued with data drops. Move over to the 232 ICS leak (don't go to 235), and you should be better. I honesty haven't had a data drop in a long time.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Does it say I have a thunderbolt? Lol I swapped that for a bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it say I have a thunderbolt? Lol I swapped that for a bionic

Yep, it says you own a thunderbolt. Still, that's better than "Enter Current Phone Here" or an actual phone number. :)

ben1492

Reaction score
Posted previously in Verizon Wireless forum - minus the piece about class action

Same thing happening here in Charlotte, NC on my Bionic. I have nothing new to add to this discussion, but want to make sure I'm marked "Present" for this complaint. My wife's Razr never loses connectivity. The intermittent 4g data connection on my Bionic, however, started about the time of the .905 update. I already had the battery and data settings where they needed to be for constant data connection. I've tried the airplane mode fix, the battery pull fix, the sim card pull fix, and combinations of the three fixes. All seem to work for less than a day, then back to the same old problem. I'm not going to waste an hour of my life going through customer service because all their solutions (refurbed Bionic, Razr, or new sim card) all seem to be non-starters as a solution. I loved the pre-.905 Bionic. I was going to wait for the official OTA ICS update, but this is becoming such an annoyance I may jump on the ICS .232 leak and be done with it - voided warranty or not. If there are any class action lawyers cruising these sites looking for answers to their own Bionic connection problems, feel free to sign me as a named plaintiff.

nri1998

Reaction score
More data drops lately with .905

For some reason, my Bionic is loosing data connection more frequently in the last 10 days. It's getting worse and very annoying. I am on official .905 version, waiting for the official OTA to ICS. It doesn't matter if VZW fixes the data issue with ICS because it is too late. They released Bionic in Sep 2011 and released many updates to fix this problem and still it is there. It's obvious that VZW was not ready with the 4G technology but they sold these defective phones and service to make money. I am surprised there is no class action lawsuit to force VZW to credit the customers who didn't get the services they paid for.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason, my Bionic is loosing data connection more frequently in the last 10 days. It's getting worse and very annoying. I am on official .905 version, waiting for the official OTA to ICS. It doesn't matter if VZW fixes the data issue with ICS because it is too late. They released Bionic in Sep 2011 and released many updates to fix this problem and still it is there. It's obvious that VZW was not ready with the 4G technology but they sold these defective phones and service to make money. I am surprised there is no class action lawsuit to force VZW to credit the customers who didn't get the services they paid for.

No version of GB has done anything to change the 4G connection for me. But then I never had a problem. Part is location and part is the luck of the draw on the phones. I realize, though, what happens with me isn't happening with everyone else.

Now speaking about class action; I'm involved with one dealing with Walmart and Netflix. If we win I get a check for the grand total of $1.75. That is, of course, after the lawyers and the people who paid the lawyers get paid first. When Apple lost the "antennagate" class action lawsuit, people could ask for a free cover (worth about $15). So don't expect anything great with class action (unless you're the lawyers). Heck, there were some threads here from Bionic owners wanting a class action lawsuit to get a RAZR in exchange for a Bionic.

Last edited:

nri1998

Reaction score
No version of GB has done anything to change the 4G connection for me. But then I never had a problem. Part is location and part is the luck of the draw on the phones. I realize, though, what happens with me isn't happening with everyone else.

Now speaking about class action; I'm involved with one dealing with Walmart and Netflix. If we win I get a check for the grand total of $1.75. That is, of course, after the lawyers and the people who paid the lawyers get paid first. When Apple lost the "antennagate" class action lawsuit, people could ask for a free cover (worth about $15). So don't expect anything great with class action (unless you're the lawyers). Heck, there were some threads here from Bionic owners wanting a class action lawsuit to get a RAZR in exchange for a Bionic.

We may not get much from a class action lawsuit but VZW will be made to pay for it's deceptive practices, not to mention the bad publicity it gets. It will also force the company to be more careful in marketing these products and services once it looses in court. Until then, VZW will continue to sell these sub-standard services. They keep releasing these new OS's without providing the basic services like reliable data connection and a good signal to make calls.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Well im glad im not alone. As much as these cell phone companies charge us with their already expensive plans "Verizon". The features should be flawless. Im not one to normally complain. But this data drop is just too.buggy for me. My contract ends soon so will see.