Data connectivity lost

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Anj, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Anj

Anj New Member

Hey all, I've been having this problem for a few months now, but it's progressively getting worse/more common, so I am looking for a fix (if there is one.)

In short, the problem is that I get an error message saying [non-verbatim]: "Network connectivity has been lost" -- my 3G symbol disappears and I cannot use anything data-related (maps, navi, google voice calls, etc.) This happens only when I am using a lot of data, ie when I am using navigation or when I have been browsing the web for 10 minutes or more. But it's extremely annoying to have this happen 5 minutes into using navigation and then the only fix is to reboot the phone.

Some extra details~
    When the 3G goes out, this doesn't mean I have low signal... most of the time I have around four bars. Also, the "Data Enabled" check box in the Mobile network settings menu is still checked when the 3G goes out. Unchecking this check box and then re-checking it will invoke a reboot (which is the only other way to get the 3G signal back anyways, so whatever.)

I am currently using BB 0.2.1, with C_01.43.01P baseband, P3's 2.25 Kernel (set at 1Ghz)

Thing is though, is that this has been happening since around UD 9.0 (the rom I was using at that time), and has been happening with every baseband, every rom and every kernel since.

SO... is some hardware chip on the phone schmucked or something... or what's the deal?
  2. Anj

Anj New Member

Anyone? Bueller?
  3. seanm1211

seanm1211 New Member

funny thing is I noticed that problem this weekend and I have went back to the original baseband. I am stock rooted also. I have been searching all morning for a download link for C_01.41.00R because everyone says it works well.
  4. Anj

Anj New Member

Yea, I was losing data connectivity with that baseband as well. :( I'm really starting to think it's not software related... I'm just hoping it is.
  5. Anj

Anj New Member

There's gotta be someone that could help.. =/
  6. Anticitizen

Anticitizen New Member

Same problem here, occasionally. I just use an airplane mode widget to briefly turn airplane mode on and back off, and 3g usually comes back (without having to reboot).
  7. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I was having serious 3G connection issues this weekend. I have the latest baseband, so is that the problem or The network? Yesterday I had to reboot the phone to get it to come back.
  8. Anj

Anj New Member

Hmm I thought I have tried that before without luck, but I'll try it again.
  9. Beefloafian

Beefloafian New Member

^^^ This, same thing happened to me, had to reboot it yesterday to get my data back :/
  10. Anj

Anj New Member

Maybe it's the network, I don't know... but it doesn't lose data randomly, it seems like it's only when I'm using it, ie maps/navi/browser

Edit: Also, I doubt it's the baseband as well. Like I said in the OT, I've had this issue with the 2.0.1's XX_1P, XX_3P, and the two froyo ones.
  11. Anj

Anj New Member

Bumping this... also, toggling airplane mode invokes a reboot when I turn it back on, so that doesn't work for me obviously... any other ideas?
  12. Anticitizen

Anticitizen New Member

I don't know why airplane mode would cause you to reboot. That sounds indicative of another problem. How are you toggling it, through the menus or a widget? Could it be a bad widget?

When I lose data connectivity (it's relatively rare for the most part), I turn airplane mode on, wait about twenty seconds or so, and turn it back off, and I'm usually okay. I'm using the SwitchPro widget to do so.
  13. Anj

Anj New Member

I don't know, either. What I do know, is that it does not cause a reboot when my signal is fine; it only causes a reboot when I've lost my data connectivity.

The widget I am using is the beautiful plane toggle. Going to the power menu (by holding the power key) and toggling plane mode there yields the same results.
  14. Anticitizen

Anticitizen New Member

Huh. That's really odd. Since we're dealing with the radio here, have you tried reflashing the baseband? Or flashing an alternate one?
  15. Anj

Anj New Member

oh yeah its happened with every baseband since 2.0
  16. ProudPenguin

ProudPenguin New Member

Bumping this to see if you ever found a solution for this problem. My phone does this and has been getting worse and worse. It's almost unbearable now :(
  17. Anj

Anj New Member

I returned it to completely stock 2.1 to see if the issues persisted; they did, so I called and got a warranty replacement. All they'll have you do is update roaming and then data wipe, but then the replacement comes within two days, so yea.

With the warranty replacement I have had zero issues that I've had with the other phone.
  18. ProudPenguin

ProudPenguin New Member

Ok, thanks! I've returned to stock already, so it looks like it's time to warranty it :/
Search tags for this page

data connectivity lost

data roaming you have lost data connectivity
droid error data connectivity
lost data connectivity

what does data connection lost mean

what does data connectivity lost mean
what does data connectivity mean

what does data connectivity problem mean

what does data connectivity problem mean on android phone
what does it mean to lose data connection
what does it mean when your phone says you have lost data co