Data Connectivity Lost

ck3jr

Reaction score
Should I have this checked or unchecked on my X2? Seems to pop up a couple times a week. I have unlimited data plan so would I charged if it is on and roaming?

motcher41

Reaction score
Check what....the roaming data box in the data manager? I have mine checked and I havent been charged for data yet. From what my verizon rep told me is that it will pull from assciated tower in the PRL preferred roaming list first.
Are you stock or rooted? Custom rom?

ELH

Reaction score
Would love to hear a clearer answer to this issue.

I have data roaming disabled because it hits you with the (VZ will hammer you) warning message. I'm on the unlimited data plan but assumed that roaming was not included.

motcher41

Reaction score
I have never asked them. I just know what the rep told me. Also I dont think you will get hammered because I dont think verizon even has a roaming plan or charge price for it do they?

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Check what....the roaming data box in the data manager? I have mine checked and I havent been charged for data yet. From what my verizon rep told me is that it will pull from assciated tower in the PRL preferred roaming list first.
Are you stock or rooted? Custom rom?

Yes should I check this or call a verizon rep 1st?

ELH

Reaction score
Just discovered that VZ ditched their unlimited data plan. It can no longer be purchased, only usage based plans. Web site says nothing about data roaming. Guess I will flip it on for a few minutes the next time I'm out of town and see what happens...

motcher41

Reaction score
Yeah you have to have been grandfathered in on a previous plan. I still cant figure out that when I just reupped for two years they didnt make me change to one of the new data plans and let me keep the unlimited data. If you ask me there is no point in owning a smartphone if they wont give you unlimited data.