data connection problems

russellj0

Reaction score
Any one else having data connections problems with the nexus. I came from a junk bionic where I used airplane mode to reset connection to get data. Airplane mode on and off on my nexus doesnt help I have to power off and back on about once a day to get data. Any help would be great.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Take out the battery and SIM card for about a minute. I've heard that's helped quite a bit with a few Nexus

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Any one else having data connections problems with the nexus. I came from a junk bionic where I used airplane mode to reset connection to get data. Airplane mode on and off on my nexus doesnt help I have to power off and back on about once a day to get data. Any help would be great.

Unless there is something wrong with Verizon's network in your area, you may have a faulty device. Unfortunately this is a semi-common problem for some folks. Some people have to go through a few Nexus devices to get one that doesn't have reception issues or data drops. Others lucked out on their first one.

Unless you are up for unlocking and trying different radios to see if they help your situation, or toying with the sim card, a replacement device may be in your future.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Try the Jelly Bean radios, I've read that they have helped a lot of people.

OP
R

russellj0

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'll try the battery and sum card pull. I have no clue how to change my radio.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
i had a problem with the 411 radios, i would drop from 4g to 3g while browsing and while the phone was sleep. idk y but it happens...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i had a problem with the 411 radios, i would drop from 4g to 3g while browsing and while the phone was sleep. idk y but it happens...
Interesting, I haven't had any problems with the new radios so far.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
should I be concerned about reception when choosing between the nexus and maxx?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
kinfolk248 said:
is that the 4g radio lagging or the 3g radio? i ask b/c i recently learned it possible to make a hybrid...

Nope neither lags

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wvdroidman said:
should I be concerned about reception when choosing between the nexus and maxx?

Reception should be an concern when choosing any phone IMO. The new jb radios are great and are pretty much night and day difference