Data connection problem

kernelhappy

Reaction score
I'm Googling, but I'm not finding much info. There's another thread in here about losing data after coming out of airplane mode but since this is slightly different I started a new thread.

I was running nightly 21 or 22 for about 10 days no problems and suddenly I started having connectivity issues. I keep randomly losing my 3G data connection and the only way to regain it is to reboot. I tried moving up to nightly 35 but it hasn't fixed it.

I really need to fix this, it's driving me nuts. I know a lot of forums are falling to pieces because of all the newb activity but as a community we need to do something to try and keep the collective knowledge accessible to everyone without burdening the developers.

barski

Reaction score
try a clean install of the rom, then once its installed do a factory data reset.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
What baseband are you on? .07p? If so, upgrade it to .12 and it will help you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Here is the file for it. It's all thanks to P3. This is his file. I take no credit for it. Just flash it in CWM and all should be a lot better.

OP
K

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Here is the file for it. It's all thanks to P3. This is his file. I take no credit for it. Just flash it in CWM and all should be a lot better.

Dammit... Asdkjfhadskljfhdsfadsfkjlh......

I saw p3droids tweet about a new baseband, I tried Googling a couple days ago and couldn't find anything about it. Thank you for the link. I didn't want to wipe the phone without knowing what caused this problem and if it would fix it for sure.

This is exactly what I was talking about the community being an absolute mess. I wish I had time but someone needs to maintain a FAQ of some sort for the nightlies.

creaky

Reaction score
Do you switch between wifi and 3g when you experience this problem? This has also been the case for me. The only solution seems to be a reboot.

In the other thread I started on the topic it seems that it is a Gingerbread issue. At least that's what others have said. I'm also on the 12 baseband.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

OP
K

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Do you switch between wifi and 3g when you experience this problem? This has also been the case for me. The only solution seems to be a reboot.

In the other thread I started on the topic it seems that it is a Gingerbread issue. At least that's what others have said. I'm also on the 12 baseband.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

I usually leave WiFi enabled all the time. I first noticed the problem after getting a new car (Hyundai Sonata) and BT pairing it and using streaming music. It's possible that I've had WiFi dropping and reconnecting automatically, but I'm not manually toggling it.

I just updated to .12p and wiped caches, maybe it will help.

sent from my Droid X running CM7

cubsfan187

Reaction score

Dammit... Asdkjfhadskljfhdsfadsfkjlh......

I saw p3droids tweet about a new baseband, I tried Googling a couple days ago and couldn't find anything about it. Thank you for the link. I didn't want to wipe the phone without knowing what caused this problem and if it would fix it for sure.

This is exactly what I was talking about the community being an absolute mess. I wish I had time but someone needs to maintain a FAQ of some sort for the nightlies.

The newest baseband hasn't been released yet. That one will be .13 I believe. Hopefully P3 will release that like he did the .12 file.

I try to help out whenever I can in a bunch of forums. I want people to know that there are fixes out there for most of the problems. I wish I could help out more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums