data connection Problem solved here

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by streetracer89101, Nov 18, 2011.

1. streetracer89101

streetracer89101 New Member

I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the fallowing data is stable the whole time no more odd ons and offs the fallowing are battery data manager and battery manager use root uninstaller to freeze it and connection should remain on and if using a custom rom you can control with the on n off switch also frose data manager service let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this but works for me im in control of data on n off now
  2. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

Can someone translate this please? I'd love to know if it works for other people as well.
  3. streetracer89101

Just find root uninstaller on market then use it to freeze data manager ex as listed I've been using it for two days non stop data was a idea I had and it works

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. streetracer89101

I have been doing some thinking and i found out if you remove the following, data is stable the whole time, no more odd ons and offs. The following are: battery data manager and battery manager. Use root uninstaller to freeze them and connection should remain on. And if using a custom rom, you can control with the on and off switch. Also froze data manager service. Let me know if this helps and if anyone needs help doing this. Works for me, I'm in control of data on and off now
  5. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

Before the grammar nazi's get ya? lol.

Has anyone else been able to replicate this and fix the problem!?
  6. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

LMAO!! Thank you for the correction and yes I totally know what you are talking about now :) I'll have to give this a try when I have some time in the next couple of weeks and I'll let everyone know if this works. I have forever root installed and I have the 5.5.893 update and I'm still having data drop issues so I'll see if this method helps.
  7. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

I'm on 5.7.893 and using theory purity ice 2.5 and have had nothing but problems... I only ever get data at my home on wifi... gonna try this and see if it helps
  8. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

over 500 views and only a couple other people are even gonna try it.. really? Maybe this should've been put in the hack section to attract more potential users lol.
  9. bwillie

bwillie New Member

Its been working great for me the last two days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. deadcatsrule

deadcatsrule New Member

been using it off and on for 2 days not really working (rooted...ect.ect.ect )in fact no data right now txt works phone works nothing else.Is it the phones or Verizon's system not able to cope with large number of users
  11. floyd

floyd New Member

Wow. Fallowing fixed everything. Never saw the fallowing option. Thanks, Ace! Fallow on, bro!
  12. joysgirl

joysgirl New Member

I've had my BIONIC for 2 months now and most of that time was spent without a data connection:angry:. Tier 2 tech support couldn't help me, forums, and most of the reps at the store location UNTIL I talked to one rep who noticed I had Task Killer and a battery saver app. He got rid of both and now I have continuous data connection. It was like Christmas arrived early!!! I don't know if that will help any of you, but it did work for me [​IMG]. Good luck!
  13. gerth551

gerth551 New Member

I have frozen the 2 apps and had my first day using both lte and cdma without a data drop since october 7th- 28 hours so far and the phone is working like it should
  14. willmiii

willmiii New Member

Can anyone specific the exact name of the apps to freeze to help stop the occasional data drops

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  15. joysgirl

joysgirl New Member

Apps to kill

In my case it was Advanced Task Killer and, unfortunately, I don't remember the exact name of the battery saver app, but it was
    something like Battery Saver or Battery Defender. I hope that helps.
  16. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Juice Defender??

I use Juice Defender and have very few issues. It does turn the radio off when the screen goes black (can be changed to not do so), but the problem really is not JD -- it is the fact that the radio is sometimes not switching back on or once it does cannot lock onto a 3G or 4G signal. The problem is really not the software but a VZ/Moto issue and likely exacerbated by JD. It's also the same reason why disabling the built-in VZ power management function seems to help some folks.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  17. joysgirl

joysgirl New Member

I know it wasn't Juice Defender.
  18. gerth551

gerth551 New Member

I followed the original post on here - I don't know where task killer and whatever else started getting in the mix.

I downloaded root uninstaller from the market for free (will have to buy the pro version for $1.50 sooner or later since you are only allowed 3 freezes with the free version but the free will work as you test to make sure)

I then froze two apps;

1.) Battery & data manager
    2.) Battery Manager

I am at 36 hours with LTE\CDMA mode on without a single data drop. My battery was low yesterday but I had my tablet tethered to it all day. I also have wifi and bluetooth on and working. Since freezing the two apps the bionic is now the phone I wanted and expected when purchasing it over a month ago. I hope this helps others because I was very disappointed but did not want to get in the run around with verizon support because I just don't have time and would not be nice to them. I will try to post when possible going forward because I know this is affecting a lot of people and hopefully this is a permanent fix.

Other notes- I am rooted (obviously or I couldn't use root uninstaller) but have not removed any of the bloatware yet; just did it for the tethering at the moment.
  19. willmiii

willmiii New Member

I just looked into my apps and I don't have battery and data manager as an option under titanium backup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  20. gerth551

gerth551 New Member

So it's been about 10 days since I froze battery and data manager. My phone has been much better but once I did have to switch on and off airplane mode after getting out of a subway, I do ride the subway 3-4 days a week and only once did I have an issue with it.

I am extremely happy with my bionic now.
Search tags for this page
android data connection error

data connection error android

data connection problem android

data connectivity error

data connectivity error android

data connectivity problem

data connectivity problem android

droid 2 data connectivity problem

droid no data connection error

how to fix data connectivity problem
how to salve data connectivity problem