Darn SWYPE

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can 'teach' it words... specifically swears. I have.
What you do... (it's in the tutorial) is tap in the word you want... for example s-h-1-t (obvious spelling change so it's ok on the forum) and then when the word appears at the top of the suggestion box, press the space bar. The word will appear in the text box and Swype will now use that word as the top suggestion next time you Swype those letters. It works :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you do... (it's in the tutorial) is tap in the word you want... for example s-h-1-t (obvious spelling change so it's ok on the forum) and then when the word appears at the top of the suggestion box, press the space bar. The word will appear in the text box and Swype will now use that word as the top suggestion next time you Swype those letters. It works :)
You're the man Martin. Thanks much.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're the man Martin. Thanks much.
Welcome Welcome. I take it it worked?:icon_ banana:

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I went into Options, but all it lists is different languages. Didn't see any that would allow me to add words to the dictionary...which would be very sweet.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. If you go into the droid settings, then Language&keyboard settings the very last option is user dictionary. I added my words there and Swype will see them and allow them on the text field now.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Thanks my friend, sorry for the ignorance.

WOW it is pretty cool...will take some getting used to, however, it is kinda nice.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks my friend, sorry for the ignorance.

WOW it is pretty cool...will take some getting used to, however, it is kinda nice.
It takes about 6-7 minutes but def go through the tutorial in Swype. It answer so many question about it :)

Anonymouse

Reaction score
I've used Swype for the past couple of weeks and like it a lot. A couple of things I need some clarification on:

Is there a way to save certain words...for instance Swype does not like swear words
Type in the word you want manually(Using Swype keyboard), hilight the word, then push the little button in the bottom left corner. It should pop up on your screen saying that the word has been added.

Is there an easy way to do words like "doesn't" or "don't" - anything with apostrophe
Slide d-o-e-s-n-,-t or d-o-n-,-t the comma gets replaced with an apostrophe

Typing in web addresses - only thing I know to do is use the slide out keyboard, which I despise!
Not sure on this one, never typed in addresses with the Swype keyboard; I'll tell you when I get my phone though!

How about words that have numbers and letters in it - like, for example N1
You're going to have to manually add it to your dictionary, like how I told you previously. Then just slide from N to where the 1 would be.
Thanks in advance.

I've answered all your questions :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used Swype for the past couple of weeks and like it a lot. A couple of things I need some clarification on:

Is there a way to save certain words...for instance Swype does not like swear words
Type in the word you want manually(Using Swype keyboard), hilight the word, then push the little button in the bottom left corner. It should pop up on your screen saying that the word has been added.

Is there an easy way to do words like "doesn't" or "don't" - anything with apostrophe
Slide d-o-e-s-n-,-t or d-o-n-,-t the comma gets replaced with an apostrophe

Typing in web addresses - only thing I know to do is use the slide out keyboard, which I despise!
Not sure on this one, never typed in addresses with the Swype keyboard; I'll tell you when I get my phone though!

How about words that have numbers and letters in it - like, for example N1
You're going to have to manually add it to your dictionary, like how I told you previously. Then just slide from N to where the 1 would be.
Thanks in advance.

I've answered all your questions :)
Thanks for the step by step instruction. Looks like I've found two different ways to add words to the dictionary now too....appreciate it everyone.:icon_ banana:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype puede hablar en Español! Y por eso, voy a tratar hablar solamente en español.. Lo siento chicos ;)

Bandolero

Reaction score
Swype puede hablar en Español! Y por eso, voy a tratar hablar solamente en español.. Lo siento chicos ;)

Me parece una buena idea. Fue la única razón por la que instale el teclado SWYPE pero ahora me he acostumbrado tanto al swype que quisiera una versión del droid SIN el teclado normal y una pantalla mas grande.

Bandolero

Reaction score
The next person who asks where to get the SWYPE APP should be kicked out of the forum for not reading the complete thread.

They rather waste our time rather than theirs.

:icon_ devil:

TommyMac501

Reaction score
Swype rocks. I've used it for all of three messages and I'm already getting the hang of it. In fact I'm wishing *this* keyboard had it. lol.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get my finger out of the way so I can see the keyboard.