DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

NattyBee

Reaction score
whatsup guys.. my current droid x is having problems
cant hear caller unless i activate speaker mode

called vzn and having a replacement sent
i rooted using the z4 root method..
just to be safe.. what are the steps i want to do with my current phone to unroot it etc, and to move stuff over to my replacement when it arrives.. thanks!dancedroid

What's wrong with this picture? The sequence of events...

-Mike

What?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

NotSoLeet

Reaction score
Noob saying thanks

Thanks to all for the 411. To Gates Junior and BBcrackman, what an awesome ROM! It was pouring buckets of rain here in Ohio Saturday, so it was time to learn how to Root, find a ROM and Overclock/Under volt. After readin til my eyes were bleedin, Darkslide 4.2 won. I must say thanks for the ROM and the 411, I feel very confident that no matter what happens in the future, my new arsenal of Droid X toys will keep me from ever owning a brick. What a great site!

DX
Darkslide 4.2
1406 Mhz/Undervolt
Pure Amazement!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Thanks to all for the 411. To Gates Junior and BBcrackman, what an awesome ROM! It was pouring buckets of rain here in Ohio Saturday, so it was time to learn how to Root, find a ROM and Overclock/Under volt. After readin til my eyes were bleedin, Darkslide 4.2 won. I must say thanks for the ROM and the 411, I feel very confident that no matter what happens in the future, my new arsenal of Droid X toys will keep me from ever owning a brick. What a great site!

DX
Darkslide 4.2
1406 Mhz/Undervolt
Pure Amazement!

Where abouts in Ohio, NotSoLeet? I'm in Cleveland.

-Mike

NotSoLeet

Reaction score
Where abouts in Ohio said:

"Cow"lumbus Mike. Ahhh you are up north by the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame", hope to ride up and see that before summers end. I don't know why I waited so long to root. The benefits way out weigh the unfounded fears of owning a brick.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Where abouts in Ohio said:

"Cow"lumbus Mike. Ahhh you are up north by the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame", hope to ride up and see that before summers end. I don't know why I waited so long to root. The benefits way out weigh the unfounded fears of owning a brick.

Everyone should be comfortable about rooting, before they try it. You're right though, the benefits are much greater than the negatives - in fact, I can't think of one negative to rooting, once you've successfully done it. :)

-Mike

jwilderman

Reaction score
Can't get past the random reboots in GB

I had GB leak 573 installed for a month or so and everything seemed ok for the most part (still had random force closes and it hated Pandora), so I sbf'd back to froyo and tried to install 596 several times but it would always have the random reboot problem, in fact I couldn't even get past activation, so I want to try Darkslide GB but I'm not sure if I am going to have these same problems.

Any ideas??

Thanks

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I had GB leak 573 installed for a month or so and everything seemed ok for the most part (still had random force closes and it hated Pandora), so I sbf'd back to froyo and tried to install 596 several times but it would always have the random reboot problem, in fact I couldn't even get past activation, so I want to try Darkslide GB but I'm not sure if I am going to have these same problems.

Any ideas??

Thanks

You might find your answer here - DarkSlide X is here!

-Mike