DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

vcmstone

Reaction score
So I installed this rom and I am loving it. Needs some help on something though. I have a themed version of launcher pro that I want to install, but it won't let me install it without removing the version already on there. I also wanted to remove madden and ADW as well but cannot find a way. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

NattyBee

Reaction score
So I installed this rom and I am loving it. Needs some help on something though. I have a themed version of launcher pro that I want to install, but it won't let me install it without removing the version already on there. I also wanted to remove madden and ADW as well but cannot find a way. Any suggestions?

Well I don’t know about theming LP (he updates it too often, so I gave up on that) but to remove ADW, get Root Explorer or Astro File Manager and it's in system/app...I assume Madden also is, but I haven't checked... I believe ADW is ADW.Launcher.apk...i'll update you if I find the filename for Madden...

**edit** I don’t see Madden in my phone, possibly because I didn't come from the OTA?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vcmstone

Reaction score

Well I don’t know about theming LP (he updates it too often, so I gave up on that) but to remove ADW, get Root Explorer or Astro File Manager and it's in system/app...I assume Madden also is, but I haven't checked... I believe ADW is ADW.Launcher.apk...i'll update you if I find the filename for Madden...

**edit** I don’t see Madden in my phone, possibly because I didn't come from the OTA?

I can find it in root explorer and either rename or delete the files, the problem is that after I remove launcher pro, its still runs and I cannot install my own version of LP. is there a script I can run to uninstall it completely?

NattyBee

Reaction score

I can find it in root explorer and either rename or delete the files, the problem is that after I remove launcher pro, its still runs and I cannot install my own version of LP. is there a script I can run to uninstall it completely?

I don’t understand...LP is not a system app, it shouldn't require Root Exploree to remove...you downloaded it from Market, correct? You should be able to uninstall in market as well...have you tried reinstalling the rom? No wipe? That should bring you back to rom default, then select ADW, remove LP, then try installing your custom LP, then remove ADW? just an idea...

NattyBee

Reaction score
Or...perhaps they have some setting preventing you from leaving yourself without a launcher? You could try downloading the Gingerbread Launcher, then, while running Gingerbread Launcher, remove LP, and install your custom LP...then remove the Gingerbread Launcher... just some ideas... of course-do your nandroid backup first, just to be safe! :p
let me know if you make any progress...Good luck! :)

vcmstone

Reaction score

I don’t understand...LP is not a system app, it shouldn't require Root Exploree to remove...you downloaded it from Market, correct? You should be able to uninstall in market as well...have you tried reinstalling the rom? No wipe? That should bring you back to rom default, then select ADW, remove LP, then try installing your custom LP, then remove ADW? just an idea...

So I decided to do what you said and start from scratch. I completely wiped everything and reloaded the rom. Without restoring my apps, I went into the market and saw bothe ADW AND Launcher Pro installed. When I click on the market listing for them, the uninstall key is grayed out for either of them. Same in settings>manage applications. Its like the are part of the rom I cannot remove. That is why I was wondering about scripts. Usually those completely remove the app. I just really want to get my own version of LP on since its pro and themed.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the "settings" page I mentioned earlier...

settings4.0.jpg

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score

So I decided to do what you said and start from scratch. I completely wiped everything and reloaded the rom. Without restoring my apps, I went into the market and saw bothe ADW AND Launcher Pro installed. When I click on the market listing for them, the uninstall key is grayed out for either of them. Same in settings>manage applications. Its like the are part of the rom I cannot remove. That is why I was wondering about scripts. Usually those completely remove the app. I just really want to get my own version of LP on since its pro and themed.

I started digging around to try to remove it too... I'ma ask gates over in the other forum, I'm sure he knows ;-)

Steve.RN

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score

I started digging around to try to remove it too... I'ma ask gates over in the other forum, I'm sure he knows ;-)

Steve.RN

Looks easy to do, bud..... here's what BBcrackman said:

"They will need to first go to Settings>Applications>Manager Applications>Select LP and uninstall any updates that are there then using Root Explorer navigate to the System/App folder and remove com.fede.launcher-1.apk This will completely remove Launcher Pro from the system and they will be able to download it as an app from the Market."

I did this with root explorer as he said, and then rebooted the phone. My next visit to the market, it was still in my "downloads" list but not installed on the phone. You could go anywhere from there ;-)

Cheers!

Steve.RN

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

After you wiped, and reloaded-did you sign in to google? If so, it probably the reason they both are showing up...

NattyBee

Reaction score

Steve.RN

Looks easy to do, bud..... here's what BBcrackman said:

They will need to first go to Settings>Applications>Manager Applications>Select LP and uninstall any updates that are there then using Root Explorer navigate to the System/App folder and remove com.fede.launcher-1.apk This will completely remove Launcher Pro from the system and they will be able to download it as an app from the Market.
I was thinking about that com.fede.launcher-1.apk, but I forgot the exact file name and didn't get a chance to look it up due to being at work, lol! Glad you got that resolved :)

Hawk

Reaction score
angry birds

All right this may sound silly but I have worked hard in Angry birds and don't want to start ove. Is there a way to save my games before I install this Rom??

Jordan8

Reaction score
All right this may sound silly but I have worked hard in Angry birds and don't want to start ove. Is there a way to save my games before I install this Rom??

Backup the data with titanium backup

chefb

Reaction score
Still see the keyboard on the wbsite um ......did they fix update it?

JRobzilla

Reaction score
What I wanna know is...how is something as themed as this rom still say "Verizon Wireless" on the lockscreen? :) Just messin' with ya.