DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Took the leap and I've got to say pretty solid so far!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DThomp

Reaction score
Been using this since last night and its great. the first and only time I ran quadrant it scored a 1409 w/o over clocking but under volted. Anybody know if I can remove back up assistant without any nasty effects on blurless?

millbean

Reaction score
silky smooth so far ! just wondering if there was a not so themed version ?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Been using this since last night and its great. the first and only time I ran quadrant it scored a 1409 w/o over clocking but under volted. Anybody know if I can remove back up assistant without any nasty effects on blurless?
I saw this asked in the release thread this afternoon, and I believe GatesJunior said that you can indeed remove it without issue... :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DThomp

Reaction score
I saw this asked in the release thread this afternoon, and I believe GatesJunior said that you can indeed remove it without issue... :)

Yeah, I asked over there and he replied shortly after that it was ok. So I did, and now there is that much less on my phone that I dont use since switching voicemail to Google. Hey I also think I got my Android keyboard working. I had to move the lib file over too. I guess time will tell if I get any fc's I'll have to reinstall to get the moto mt back. The keyboards with the mic for voice takes up too much of the space bar for me so I would rather not have it.

x450

Reaction score
I've found a few problems so far with this ROM.

I can't execute a benchmark with quadrant because I get an error every time saying that there is an "internal error during benchmark execution".

Also I liked the look of the gingerbread keyboard so of course I installed it but after reboot I find out that it is very tiny. It is about half the size of a regular keyboard??

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Well **** I just installed the Unthemed black keyboard over top and now I have no keyboard at all....I get a mulit-touch keyboard force close constantly. Thats not good....A warning would have been nice next to the gingerbread keyboard.

EDIT* Sorry for all the editing lol......Reinstalled the gingerbread again and I have that tiny keyboard back but Quadrant still failing at "Video decoding - H.264" I understand this is a common problem also. Anyways if anyone could point me in the right direction to get rid of this tiny keyboard I would appreciate it....preferably without doing a factory reset and reinstalling the ROM. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Jordan8

Reaction score
I've found a few problems so far with this ROM.

I can't execute a benchmark with quadrant because I get an error every time saying that there is an "internal error during benchmark execution".

Also I liked the look of the gingerbread keyboard so of course I installed it but after reboot I find out that it is very tiny. It is about half the size of a regular keyboard??

Any help would be appreciated!

The keyboard being small bug isn't specific to this rom. It happens to me using rubix as well. As a temp fix you can set your lcd density to 300 & reboot. Then back to whatever you had it on(240?) & reboot again... then it should be normal size. It'll probably messup again when your phone restarts though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chefb

Reaction score
Hello everyone....im coming from rubix 1.9.0 Non leaked ,im doing a re install of my first then then I will try to pull the upgrade then running this rom...... any pointers?

x450

Reaction score
Well don't try the gingerbread keyboard if you haven't read.

I'm going to try the nonthemed one in a bit after I make a backup and I can let you know how that goes.

EDIT: The non-themed black keyboard works perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Droid74

Reaction score
no its a separate add on. You will see when you get to the link for the rom...is very nicely organized.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Does the ginger bread keyboard come with the rom?
It does not come preinstalled, but as an option they have provided an update.zip which will install it if you like. :) I installed it last night, and while it took some getting used to the smaller keys (I have fat fingers, lol) I find myself quite impressed...the more I use it, the more I like it...I just miss the awesome DarkSlide logo ;) but that's cosmetic, and it is shaded, giving it a nice look...