DarkSlide V4 - .340 ROM - Style, Quadrant, Linpack Champ

NattyBee

Reaction score
I got the. 340 OTA update the others day and want to install this rom. Do I just install this normally? Its says that you have to be coming from a specific system version. Is it ok to install this over the OTA from Verizon Wireless?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
It is saying that as a warning to let the 2.3.15 users know they cannot install it over their system without upgrading first...as long as you are AT LEAST on system version 2.3.32, you will be fine. :) it's built on 2.3.34, so do not worry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
So I don't have the 3g hotspot on my monthly bill but I thought I would try the 3g hotspot after installing this rom. I expected to get promted to singup for the $20/mo.. But its working fine.

Was it made to be free with this rom, or is it going to auto add it to my bill?

according to the features it is modified to allow free use. good luck

Okay thanks. Which is more of a risk, using the 3g hotspots or wireless tether?

I use wireless tether for root users...but the thing is, even if they don’t know you are tethering, they'll figure it out if you use massive amounts of data...they'll say "Gee, there must be a pc sucking some data here!" LOL

djstnick

Reaction score
according to the features it is modified to allow free use. good luck

Okay thanks. Which is more of a risk, using the 3g hotspots or wireless tether?

I use wireless tether for root users...but the thing is, even if they don’t know you are tethering, they'll figure it out if you use massive amounts of data...they'll say "Gee, there must be a pc sucking some data here!" LOL

I don't know about that, I would imagine if its simply high data usage, there are lots of ways to achieve that level of data usage, one example I can think of is using GPS allot since it is constantly streaming data. There are also a few torrent apps available for android which I don't use. I would rather use pocket cloud to remote administer my torrent-box :)

Bxrider117

Reaction score
If you ever owned a BB, then you should know who BB Crackman is. I used to always run his roms when I had my Storm. I decided to give this one a shot after I uploaded .340. I was previously running Rubix, which I love. I have got to say this rom is the truth. The transitions when opening and closing apps is crazy. Everyone should check this one out.

He even had 928Droid help out with this and you can see it in the theming of this rom. It is colorful, clear and super fast.

NattyBee

Reaction score
If you ever owned a BB, then you should know who BB Crackman is. I used to always run his roms when I had my Storm. I decided to give this one a shot after I uploaded .340. I was previously running Rubix, which I love. I have got to say this rom is the truth. The transitions when opening and closing apps is crazy. Everyone should check this one out.

He even had 928Droid help out with this and you can see it in the theming of this rom. It is colorful, clear and super fast.

Haha, i just discovered BBCrackman at DarkSlide V3.2.1 and had no idea he previously worked on BB's until last night! :p is that where his name comes from? LOL the only BB i ever owned was a Curve, which i hated and returned after a week to exchange for the D1...the rest is history! I mist say, BBCrackman & GatesJunior make one hell of an unstoppable team! They've made a loyal follower out of me, that's for sure! ;)

rinzes

Reaction score
Can someone point me to detailed instructions on how to install this or any rom on a stock phone that has V2.3.340, rooted & clockworks installed

Thanks

Jordan8

Reaction score
Can someone point me to detailed instructions on how to install this or any rom on a stock phone that has V2.3.340, rooted & clockworks installed

Thanks
1. Reboot into recovery
2. wipe data/cache
3. Install from zip
4. Find the roms ZIP
5. After it installs reboot & you're done

Note: You navigate in recovery with your volume keys, & camera key to select.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks
For this rom- go to the link in the OP. Follow Dev instructions EXACTLY. If you do that, you will be fine :)

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks
1. Reboot into recovery
2. wipe data/cache
3. Install from zip
4. Find the roms ZIP

This is generic install instruction, yes, but for DarkSlide (or any rom that has specified instructions) you had better follow the dev's instructions. If not-you risk F'ing something up...

rinzes

Reaction score

Thanks
1. Reboot into recovery
2. wipe data/cache
3. Install from zip
4. Find the roms ZIP

Couple quick questions...

So I don't have to do a deoxed that i keep reading about. The rom install will do that for me or?

What happens when I wipe data/cache? Do I need to back something up?

NattyBee

Reaction score

Thanks
1. Reboot into recovery
2. wipe data/cache
3. Install from zip
4. Find the roms ZIP

Couple quick questions...

So I don't have to do a deoxed that i keep reading about. The rom install will do that for me or?

What happens when I wipe data/cache? Do I need to back something up?
In general, most roms will deodex your system...this one will...
When you wipe data/cache it will erase all your data, all your apps, your account...
The suggested thing to do is do a backup from within Clockwork Recovery first...this way if something get's F'd up, you have a restore point to fall back to...
But remember- some roms have their own instructions, so always follow the Dev's posted instructions...for example- with this rom the instructions call for you to mount the system, and they do not require you to wipe cache...

Also, you may want to back up your alarms/SMS/MMS via a backup app such as MyBackup or Titanium Backup if you want to keep these things...

rinzes

Reaction score
Also, you may want to back up your alarms/SMS/MMS via a backup app such as MyBackup or Titanium Backup if you want to keep these things...

I have Titanium Pro which I paid for and also a couple other paid apps. How do I recover those?

Would using Rom Manager be a better way to go or is that just another layer that could cause problems in the end?

Do you have a link for the OP

Thanks for your insight on all this.

OP
S

steven.rn

Reaction score
I have Titanium Pro which I paid for and also a couple other paid apps. How do I recover those?

Would using Rom Manager be a better way to go or is that just another layer that could cause problems in the end?

Do you have a link for the OP

Thanks for your insight on all this.

Here's the OP [ROM] DarkSlide v4

Follow the install instructions exactly.

I'd suggest if you don't have it, before you do this, you get the "Droid X Bootstrapper" app from the market- use or press "bootstrap recovery" to make sure you have it working, then press "reboot recovery", and you will end up in the right screens to backup your current ROM, and then follow the directions in the OP above to install Darkslide V4.

I'd recommend the "blurred" version (just as fast, less trouble) and remember, when you wipe data/cache, you will have to do the setup from the android prompt just like when you got your phone- entering your gmail address and password, which will also recover all your market apps and contacts. If you had facebook for pix in contacts, you may just have to readd that account too, but most of that work gets done for you just by re-adding your acccounts when everything syncs.

I just wanted to make sure that you understand when you wipe data to install this, you'll have to re-enter those things, but everything you had will come back, reinstalled from gmail and market. :) You might have never done a data wipe before.

Cheers!

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
Here's the OP [ROM] DarkSlide v4

Follow the install instructions exactly.

I'd suggest if you don't have it, before you do this, you get the "Droid X Bootstrapper" app from the market- use or press "bootstrap recovery" to make sure you have it working, then press "reboot recovery", and you will end up in the right screens to backup your current ROM, and then follow the directions in the OP above to install Darkslide V4.

I'd recommend the "blurred" version (just as fast, less trouble) and remember, when you wipe data/cache, you will have to do the setup from the android prompt just like when you got your phone- entering your gmail address and password, which will also recover all your market apps and contacts. If you had facebook for pix in contacts, you may just have to readd that account too, but most of that work gets done for you just by re-adding your acccounts when everything syncs.

I just wanted to make sure that you understand when you wipe data to install this, you'll have to re-enter those things, but everything you had will come back, reinstalled from gmail and market. :) You might have never done a data wipe before.

Cheers!
Personally i like the non-blur :) in fact even then i remove a bunch of apps... but that's why they make both...it's all about personal preference...i haven't had an issue with it :)