DarkEdge for Bugless Beast 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by DroidSloth, Jun 4, 2010.

1. quadjacks

quadjacks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also noticed that some of my menu's are black font on black background!

2. War_Assassin

War_Assassin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droidsloth,

Great job on porting over DE to 1.1! Only things that look strange are the gold analog clock and the unthemed youtube widgets. Otherwise, everything else works and looks awesome!

3. dimmujed

dimmujed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pink and Blue MIX PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will update the notes in the OP (knew I forgot something), I made a decision not to theme YouTube because of Pete's 1.1 work taking the YouTube from Evo. Its already black in color and I wasn't sure if moding the xml files would bork it, didn't wanna risk it, didn't see a whole lot of benefit in taking a black app and theming it dark(er). There be enough demand for youtube so I'll see what happens when I drop the theme on pete's modded evo version.

Thanks for pointing that out. I checked the images inside the Blue theme downloaded directly from Xeudoxus's site and apparently the desk clock is gold in there. I'll see if I can find a blue desk clock to fix that, otherwise nothing I can do, I'm no arteest.

I think I found a way to fix live wallpapers, but not too sure. I'll be tinkering tonight. If it works I'll update the colors I've already done and re-upload.

This usually only happens in 3rd party apps, some of which I'll be theming. Can you let me know where you are seeing this?

I thought about this and decided I'ma gonna see what I can do. Would you be terribly disappointed in Blue Purple mix?

5. lilcdroid

lilcdroid Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for pointing that out. I checked the images inside the Blue theme downloaded directly from Xeudoxus's site and apparently the desk clock is gold in there. I'll see if I can find a blue desk clock to fix that, otherwise nothing I can do, I'm no arteest.

[/QUOTE]

Call me a Packrat, but here's the blue clock app. I just put it on and it works like a charm. Otherwise everything so far looks fantastic.

#65 lilcdroid, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  6. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Are we talking about the text when its all dimmed out? I just looked in my directory for the blue build and the images look blue to me.

7. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe you'll see the Evo YT in our DE version soon.

8. lilcdroid

lilcdroid Member

Ratings:
    +5
    No the actual round clock (Deckclock) with the highlights of blue around the clock for the minute and hour hands. When i unzipped his port it was the yellow clock...must have slipped by. I rechecked the main ESE81-blue from DE's OP and its blue.....soooooo? IDK.

9. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose I may have downloaded gold and saved it as blue last time I downloaded the original DE files. Making sure I save them correctly right now.

10. MInkyboi

MInkyboi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some apps like Handcent the settings menu on the right corner (within a text) the "notifications/bubble/etc" settings are black like mentioned above. Another thing with handcent, within the text box, the text is white and blends with the background (although it might be because of my themed handcent)

Also when you use the facebook app and scroll with your finger the posts go from black to white.

Btw, I'm not being critical, just pointing out a few things I've noticed. I GREATLY appreciate the work put into this and I'm fully aware that this was JUST released. :)

#70 MInkyboi, Jun 5, 2010
  11. zenak

zenak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google voice also shows the dark grey on black text, as do notifications for most 3rd party apps. I ran the theme for most of a day, but needed to change because I couldn't read it outdoors. Low light conditions I could figure it out for the most part.

12. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The DE install guide found in the official DE post you list in the first post in this thread describes a very different install process than the one described in this thread.

Is this statement from the DE install guide still applicable? "DO NOT USE Titanium Backup or any other "BackUp" Apps with this theme it WILL untheme things and causes problems"

#72 ytwokc5, Jun 5, 2010