DarkEdge for Bugless Beast 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by DroidSloth, Jun 4, 2010.

1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Cool, not a big deal since I use the GPS but might be for some.

I have a question though, regarding customization of the notification bar. On previous ROMs/themes I have edited the eri.xml file to change the "Verizon Wireless" text to my own custom txt. While I know nothing appears on the lock screen is it possible to change the "motodroid" that appears in the notification bar? If so please point me to the correct file/location. Thanks again. LOVE the THEME. please keep them coming!

#133 KZIWarrior, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah you completely missed the point of the app packs. If you want third party apps to be themed, you have to install the themed 3rd party apps from the post. not "all the theme app packs for green apps", just the one Green Apps in the OP. Start at the beginning of the section "Themed App Packs" in the OP, follow all those steps (basically 2 steps) and you should have handcent and many other apps themed to match the rest of the DarkEdge system. If you need more help, please read through somewhere around pages 8-12, there was a lot about how to use A2S and then how to install the apps update.

As Koveleski said, a newer version of Maps is causing that minor problem and hopefully will be fixed soon. I made a decision (half lazy) to exclude icons from the app packs. Since I switched to Kov's sickawesome hybrid icons, the vast majority of people have been downloading with icon versions so for the next BB release (1.2 sounds like it is not too far off) I think I'll only be sending out with icon versions.

Yeah thats my bad. I totally forgot to include what I hoped would be a fix for the LWP as I put the first couple colors out while hungover/drinking and/or on no sleep.

3. quadjacks

quadjacks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's all good sloth, i can wait for such an awesome theme!

4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    running it now, works great thnx

5. ray7171

ray7171 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    launcher force close

i downloaded bbv1.1 and i hit launcher instead of home and now it just keeps popping up force close over and over again. What do I do? I like all the screenshots of dark edge and I want it but im stuck at this screen please help.

6. thebarbrr

thebarbrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    click report and then power off from there...when you turn it back on you have to boot into recovery..enable usb mass storage..then you could make bugless beastv1.1 and update.zip in your main directory on your compter. when you do that install the update.zip. You need to change the launcher to home. You can do it by downloading another home replacement app so the menu to choose can pop up again. once you do that, then you could try installing theme again. good luck and hope my instructions weren't that bad

7. ray7171

ray7171 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no that was awesome thanx, it worked!!!!

8. audioman42

audioman42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know why I can't get the themed search widget to work?

[​IMG]

9. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have a few issues. The biggest is that the app aCar is barely useable (not at all if you don't have the fields memorized) because of white on white txt. Also the agenda view of calendar via the Beautiful Widgets home is barely visible because of grey on white text.

Also most scroll bars seem broken (ie not solid or constant).

10. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having problems with the gallery? I have ALOT of pictures, and it seems to be really slow at loading them in the gallery. I was not having this problem before DE.

11. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Search widget is exclusive to launchers, by this I mean that the code for the search widget to look like the rest of DE is specific to each launcher. I believe DroidSloth said he didn't include the launcher theme because he didn't know how to make it work with the 9 screens.

12. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I can't seem to download from the market, it goes to 100% and then force closes... is there a fix for this? If not i'll have to go back to my old theme from yesterday, cause I absolutely need to update my apps from the market.

Too bad too, the theme is really nice

#144 zerosouls, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010