DarkEdge for Bugless Beast 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by DroidSloth, Jun 4, 2010.

1. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll definitely tinker now that I have some direction on what pink to put where. I'll see if I can get that out before the weekend.

@Koveleski - Thank you! I'm putting that in the OP now. That answers a couple people's questions. Those are the exact correct steps, and thanks for the extra details on using ADB/A2S for everyone. About that Froyo port... I'm still stuck on the "getting my hands on a froyo build" part. Once I get over that hump I should be fine :p

2. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he was just referring to the home screen, the lock screen will not rotate and I don't think thats anything I can add. If my memory serves correct (and its very spotty when it does), the original DarkEdge using the developer's starter nandroid didn't rotate the lockscreen. I don't really see any added value in that anyway. For me it takes about the same 1 second for ADW to rotate to landscape and redraw when already unlocked and just rotating as it does to unlock with the keyboard slid out.

3. daveywave

daveywave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :(

Well I can wish! the draw seems to take longer as days go by without rebooting... even at 1ghz and task killers. Well back to stock for now

4. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats really a deal breaker for you? do you only unlock your phone via sliding open the keyboard? Perhaps an alternate launcher like ADW or LauncherPro will help you.

5. daveywave

daveywave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I only use launcherpro, love it too.

But no matter if the phone is already in landscape when it locks (ie: if I set my phone down with the keyboard open) it still needs to redraw into landscape.

If that was fixed this theme would be perfect. I don't even care that the lockscreen is portrait. Its the redraw from portrait to landscape each time I unlock

6. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, maybe when an update to DE is released it may fix the issue and I'll be sure to port it over to BB 1.2. One thought I just had is with the ondemand CPU manager setting the CPU all the way down to 250MHz during sleep/standby, perhaps the reason it takes so long is because the CPU is still ramping up. Not all droids function the exact same at the different ranges of the Over/Underclocking scale. Perhaps yours just doesn't like 250. Mine definitely takes a solid second to redraw from sideways unlocks, but I'm not there often and its no big deal for me. Perhaps if you use SetCPU and set profiles for sleep/standby to not go lower than 400, or test it even setting the min on sleep to 600+ and see if that helps. Not good for long term battery life, but it might help just to know excatly where the problem lies.

7. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried using the search thread feature and wasn't able to find an answer... I just loaded up the dark edge green theme with icons, but i'm having some issues with handcent. For some reason the text box background on both messaging and the popup screen are white, and the text is also white. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? It is version 3.0.4 i checked that already, but it doesn't seem like it was themed. Did i have to delete the original handcent before installing the theme? Any help would be muchly appreciated.

some side notes before installing theme I was running BB v1.1 with nextheme with 1.1ghz lv kernel

#127 skaman9876, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin Active Member

Ratings:
    +107
    If you go to the first page... you will see the fix under themed app packs

9. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Didn't see this posted yet... After installing the apps update in Google Maps when getting directions (in maps NOT nav) the "turning directions" on the maps (i.e. when viewed on the map) are black txt on black background so they are not readable. Nav appears fine so not to big a deal (for me at least).

Also after applying the app pack should the program icons have changed? The apps themed correctly (e.g. I can now read the txt in GV) but none of the themed apps have new (DarkEdge) icons. Thanks for the work on the port I absolutely LOVE this blue theme. Looks so smooth and sharp. Best theme yet IMHO.

10. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I read all that already but i don't see any fix it just says 3.0.4 is included don't update and i checked and am running 3.0.4 as stated in my post. Could you point out where this fix is? or explain what I'm missing? do i just have to do all the theme app packs for green apps? I have not done anything with the that yet.

11. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Those issues with maps are relative to the newer version of maps. We are still ironing out the bugs in there.

12. quadjacks

quadjacks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So what's up with LWP... We have to give that up to use this customization???