Darkedge for BB Froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AceDROID, Jun 10, 2010.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

So, I'm going to safely assume (through trial and error) that any theme for the BB1.1 will NOT work on the new Froyo BB..

I came to that conclusion by downloading and installing the Froyo rom, and then trying to install my DE port (thanks, DroidSloth!) over it, and it would stay stuck at the Motorola M. Thank God (Jebus, Allah, whoever you pray to, if you pray at all) that I made the nandroid backup prior to testing. I just can't part ways with the DE theme... I love the looks of it, and it took so long to get it ported to BB I just can't part with it!

Now, if theres a way to port it to this new one (I'm not a programmer, but love being a test dummy) that would be amazing! Plus, from what I heard, the P3 kernels are the only ones compatible with this new Froyo Bugless. I use one of the Belkin? kernels without using setcpu and love it. A little nervous.

All in all, that's my "rant" I guess you could say. I mean, I do realize that this new Froyo version of Bugless Beast is an RC (release candidate, for you less then tech savvy n00bs =P) so I may have to hold off until Froyo 1.0 (or .2 or whatever) comes out. And maybe when the theming gets ironed out.

Any suggestions or anything I missed that could solve these issues and get me to the RC comfortably with my DE Blue? haha
  2. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

I am probably going to check out Froyo tonight since pete's made a few adjustments and people have mostly smoothed things out, but I will surely miss DE...

If you look at the OP for DE BB 1.1 DroidSloth says he is going to hold out until the Froyo smoke clears until he begins porting DE over. I don't blame him as it seems like there's a lot more ironing out to do.
  3. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

Ohhh. Alright. Makes sense. Yeah, the smoke is kinda still thick in some areas, no? haha.

Yeah, I can totally see trying it with the new adjustments. I want to, but I feel like I'll miss everything too much. The look of the phone is very important to me (as is with 99% of root users) so I can sit around and watch from ringside while everything is battled out.