Dark widgets

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by jasonppp, Oct 3, 2010.

1. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member Premium Member Developer

is there a tut that shows exact styles in in framework to change font for widgets namely facebook, twitter and pandora w/o changing the app itself i know there has to be a general file in the rom framework that controls this i just am unsure what it is. or i could be wrong so any advice much appreciated

example provided

[​IMG]

framework decompiled
    policy and services.jar decompiled
    classes classedout
    so plz no hex editor tuts

Attached Files:

2. shocka2430

shocka2430 New Member

You wouldn't edit your framework, you need to decompile each individual app that you want edited and modify the widget background. They are usually located in drawable-hdpi,drawable-hdpi-land, and drawable-hdpi-port or something can't remember exact names. Usually called appwidget_bg.9.png

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. jasonppp

this is something the thebowers wrote i will post link at bottom. this is kinda what i am looking for.

i want the background to stay dark just want lighter font it is just fishy, if each widget has to be modified then how do they both have same font being two different apps pandora and talk is same way
    i feel there should be a universal file that widgets pull reosources from this is edites in styles.xml
    which is 987 lines of code
    and thnx for the reply
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/64994-theming-guide-changing-system-text-settings.html
  4. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I know where they are....Let me decompile one and I'll let you know....brb.
  5. jasonppp

ok thnx buddy
  6. kook

It's in res/layout-land and res/layout-port. Those will change the color of the text on the widgets.
  7. kook

It's for both Facebook and twitter. Pandora as well if I'm not mistaken.
  8. jasonppp

thnx much i been scratching my head over this lol i should have posted in your help center thnx again
  9. jasonppp

nail on the head thnx buddy
    <TextView android:textSize="16.0sp" android:id="@id/share_text_item" android:focusable="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="45.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="7.0dip" android:hint="@string/stream_share_hint" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="\?android:attr/editTextStyle" />
    <Button android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="@drawable/blue_text_color" android:id="@id/share_button_item" android:background="@drawable/widget_button_background" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="6.0dip" android:text="@string/stream_share" />

and

<TextView android:textSize="16.0sp" android:id="@id/share_text_item" android:focusable="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="45.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="7.0dip" android:hint="@string/stream_share_hint" android:layout_weight="1.0" style="\?android:attr/editTextStyle" />
    <Button android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="@drawable/blue_text_color" android:id="@id/share_button_item" android:background="@drawable/widget_button_background" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="6.0dip" android:text="@string/stream_share" />

both widget views in both locations layout-land and port
Search tags for this page

change font color pandora wiget