Dark spots behind the touchscreen ?

emeres

Reaction score
Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 t 989 for T Mobile. I have noticed something on my screen today. When I look at my phone at particularly black backround and also in total darkness I see some spots and lines. I had those lines for a while now but two spots in the middle of my screen appeared. They are not visible much only in mentioned conditions. It just makes me wonder what caused them. My phone was never dropped in any water. Maybe it is because of keeping my phone screen facing my leg and higher temp. inside the pocket. Any response is greatly appreciated. I have no idea what this could be. Thanks in advance.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Completely normal for amoled screens. There's really not much you can do about it. I'm not sure exactly what causes them, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way it displays blacks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to Droid Forums emeres! Those spots are actually normal for phones with amoled screens and are only visible in certain conditions (black screen in the dark). It is the adhesive behind the amoled screen.

OP
E

emeres

Reaction score
Do you guys think it is from applying preassure to the screen ? I tend to clean it a lot. Can't have any smudges on it. Now with all being said is there a chance of this going away ? Or is it going to permanently stay ? By the way big thanks for a quick response to both of you :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You are welcome emeres! We can be pretty speedy sometimes. Other times, a person's post might get lost in the shuffle and a bump is needed to bring it back to the top. Some of that depends on the time of day.

No, it isn't from pressure on your screen and yes, it will be there forever but won't get worse. If you were to look at all the phones with amoled screens in the dark on a black screen, you would see the same exact thing. Some have more dark spots than others but they all have them.