Dark Material Theme For The Galaxy Note 5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One great thing that OEMs have finally adopted from the rom and mod community is the theme chooser. There are hundreds of themes to chose from, but I found myself going back to the material themes. If you like blacked out dark roms then you may like this as well. In the early Android day some developers would release "inverted" versions of their Roms and icons. This was discovered to save battery in some cases as well. I have been using the light material theme for several days now. To find this theme you will have to go to the theme store and search for it there. It is a pleasure to be able to change my theme at will. What do you all think?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This theme picker is something I wish they would bring to the Note 4 in an update. I'd get more mileage out of mine if I could tweak the way Touchwiz looks just a little bit.

Geaves

Reaction score
I can't find this theme anywhere. It's called light material? Anyway to search?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you access the Theme Store thru system settings / theme / theme store / all and change the sort order from Price: Low to High - you will find "Material Dark" when scrolling thru...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I downloaded both the light and dark material themes. Love them too. You can tell its definitely not an AOSP launcher, but it feels much more at home coming from a Nexus 6. Theres some fun themes on there too for free.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
This theme has been a godsend on my S6 after coming from phones I could previously fully ROM, particularly with AOSP-based ROMS, which I much prefer. Highly recommended for anyone looking to have that AOSP feel inside their manufacturer skin.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you access the Theme Store thru system settings / theme / theme store / all and change the sort order from Price: Low to High - you will find "Material Dark" when scrolling thru...
That is currently my favorite theme also. Although I've chosen my own wallpapers. I love how it changes the colors throughout. What would be perfect is if we could pick our own color scheme separate from the icon packs and wallpapers. Maybe in the future.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: