Dark Edge for Sapphire!

velocity92c

Reaction score
So I downloaded DE tools, ran the command you told me to, downloaded MM, downloaded a zip for use with MM with themed apps and ran the themed apps in MM. So far every app I have tried in MM it has just deleted them from my phone. Handcent and twitter are the two I tried.

Can you be a little more descriptive? I have never used any of these tools before so I obviously did something wrong.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I downloaded DE tools, ran the command you told me to, downloaded MM, downloaded a zip for use with MM with themed apps and ran the themed apps in MM. So far every app I have tried in MM it has just deleted them from my phone. Handcent and twitter are the two I tried.

Can you be a little more descriptive? I have never used any of these tools before so I obviously did something wrong.

do a reboot!

velocity92c

Reaction score
Ugh, theming on android is so complicated compared to iphone and bb. I finally got the gold theme looking how I wanted it to so I figured blue should be exactly the same. So I revert bck to stock sapphire, download deblue and install it through rm/clockwork. The install gets about halfway thru then my phone reboots so fast I can't see if there is an error msg and I am back on stock sapphire. What now?

shocka2430

Reaction score
Well if you made a backup go back to that and then just install the blue over it. And make sure you get the clockwork update and not the sp

velocity92c

Reaction score
Already tried restoring and reinstalling 3 times now. It does the same thing every time. And I got the CW one. Even tried redownloading it. This time I watched closely and there were no error msgs, it said installation complete even though the progress bar was only 1/3 full. A few of my apps are themed blue now but mostly still stock sapphire. Its like it is only completing about 1/3 but thinks its fully completing.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Brian great job and glad to see you back on the forums. I am curious, do you plan on porting all the colors over to use on Sapphire or only the ones requested??? I am waiting and hoping for either the pink or the purple. Thanks.

shocka2430

Reaction score
That's why I don't use clockwork. Maybe flash sp that's how I did it and it installed fine right over the gold.

benji_kidd

Reaction score
question...using clockwordmod method but every time i try to install file as update.zip, it aborts the installation and only says "bad" in parenthesis. what am i doing wrong?

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
You should be able to go from one DarkEdge color to another as the only change between them is the accent color in the images and the color reference in the xmls.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
question...using clockwordmod method but every time i try to install file as update.zip, it aborts the installation and only says "bad" in parenthesis. what am i doing wrong?

you dont need to install it as a update zip just open rom manager and choose the option to install zip from sd card. no need to rename it either