Dark Edge for Sapphire!

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bgill55.png

24ccp4w.png

This Will Not Work on Sapphire 1.0!!

First and Foremost I want to thank the entire Dark Edge team for such a groundbreaking and wonderful UI!!

I also want to thank Team Sapphire For one of the best 2.2 roms out there!

A special Thanks to RobStemen For Being My tester and not letting me throw in the Towel!!!!!

Original Link to the Dark Edge Theme http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/61048-release-darkedge-ui-2-2-a.html

What I have done; I have ported from his original them to make it work on Team Sapphire Rom. this entailed alot of re-coding Sapphires own files to match what he did, not Fun!! but Im happy to bring this to you guys! I also added blur animations. Now on to the Screen Shots!

Please install this update on a clean stock Sapphire Rom

Download Instructions:Clock Work
1. Download zip
2. put zip in the root of sd card
3. open up Rom manager, and chooses install zip from sd card,
4. no need to wipe just reboot and enjoy

Download Instruction: SPrecovery
1. Download the Zip
2. Rename to Update.zip
3. Put in the Root of your sd card
4. Reboot into recovery
5. Go to "install" allow update.zip installation
6. install Update.zip

This is not a full Rom just a Theme to add over our Rom. I Recommend and insist that you install this over our Naked(stock) Rom as other theme clash with this!

V_RC2

Downloads:Clock Work

Gold

Blue

Green

Red Silent Update 07/28/2010 1:40am (added Pandora by request red only)

Pink

Purple

Orange

Downloads: Sprecovery

Gold

Blue

Green

Red Silent Update 07/28/2010 1:40am (added Pandora by request red only)

Pink

Purple

Orange

*Please Note you are losing the Music Player that comes with the Sapphire rom you have to settle for the stock music player for now until I can get to the other one! So Sorry!!!!!*

Sapphire Dark Edge Wallpapers By shocka2430

Please Donte to the Dark Edge team!

Please donate to Team Sapphire!

And if you have any Change left over send my family to Disneyland!! link is in the Sig!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ill start a FAQ here!

First off to theme 3rd Party apps Azilla did a Nice little Write up!

After you have installed theme of your color choice go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/61048-release-darkedge-ui-2-2-a.html
download the FRF84b Apps for the color of your said theme onto your phone
from market download metamorph and darkedge tools, if you dont have busybox I installed that.
for me I had to make sure debugging was checked and mock locations was unchecked in the system settings under applications. before I did that I was stuck.

1. Open up Darkedge tools
2. Click on A2S, process should take 5-10min. Anylonger something is wrong
3. Once done open up metamorph
4. click unzip theme and go to where you put the downloaded FRF84b Apps. and unzip it
5. then go to mm main screen click the pick existing theme button in metamorph, click on the zip you just extracted, then the darkedge xml, then beautiful widgets
6. reboot

Got the blue theme up and running and everything looks great, but is anyone else getting fc's with google goggles? It's really nbd cause I don't use that app that often but was wondering if anybody else was seeing this.

that's a known issue that still has no resolution.

Installed the green version.... have an issue.

1. battery indicator is messed up. Has the percentage displayed from the DE theme overlayed on top of the battery percentage of Sapphire. (two fonts)
Go into gem settings and turn off %'s

Brian,

Got a bit of flutter in the notification window and when I flip homescreens the widgets flutter a bit.

Any suggestions?

BTW: it looks fantastic!

yeah! check this Link!

DarkEdge

Whats up with my notification bar being black on black for the clock and incoming messages and email and stuff. Is it suppose to look this way? or is there a way i can change that? thanks in advance.

use the Gem Tool to change to what colors you want!

I just downloaded current blue version, moved it to root of Sd, and flashed it via clockwork. I wiped (just to be safe) and when phone restarted I got constant dialer force closes. I just restored and am about to try it again, just curious if anyone else has had this problem (just read thread and didn't see anything similar).

Btw it looks great though, I loved it on tc rom

This happend cause you wiped your data. this got rid of important apks the phone need to run. there is no need to wipe as this isnt a full rom! only a theme.

Last edited:

jimmiet

Reaction score
Thank you Team Sapphire, thank you Team DarkEdge, and thank you bgill for all your hard work! The best theme/UI on the best ROM...epic!!!

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kk, going to download. Will have it ready for when I pass 40% when I charge later :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok first post is updated with all the info and DL links for Both Clockwork and SPrecovery!