Dan Rosenburg's Bootloader Unlock Method Confirmed Working On VZW S4!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of you are beginning to receive your Galaxy S4 preorders from Verizon. Mine should arrive as early as tomorrow which makes me one excited dude! Out of the lucky few who have already received their S4 Dan Rosenberg was able to find a tester for his Bootloader unlock method. According to a tweet that he sent out earlier today his method for unlocking the bootloader on the AT&T variant does indeed work on the Verizon version. He was even able to get a custom recovery installed on the device!

He has still not released his method but I imagine this will be released in the coming days as more and more Verizon customers begin to receive their phones. I just hope that Verizon doesn't have a patch update in the saddle awaiting Dan's release. If Verizon has ever provided a quick update it has been an update to patch root and unlocked bootloaders. We shall see.

Via DjrBliss

Thanks Arthur Stingo

Last edited by a moderator:

justreboot

Reaction score
I'll be getting mine tomorrow as well (if not, definetely THU). Either way this is exciting news. I knew once GOOG slapped its seal of approval on the GS4 and slapped MOTOs a$$, we were in for a treat. Using the old moto razr maxx as a spare (stock) since I sold the s3. Jones-in for some Sammy love (BTW that video/commercial they just posted on you tube was pretty cute). Now we need us some AOSP lovin'