Damn blinking light...

Thehaggis

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the notification light? We use our phones as alarm clocks and the blinking is annoying when trying to go to sleep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Technoman

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the notification light? We use our phones as alarm clocks and the blinking is annoying when trying to go to sleep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Check in settings under notifications. There is some control on the Droid 1 for what ways the notifications are done. I am sure it will have something there for the X. My X hasn't shipped yet, so I can't say for sure.

kdkinc

Reaction score
turn off the email notification or best solution is face the phone down.
Turning the phone face down also places the speaker up so you won't sleep through the to quiet alarms Dx has.

Then again I wake up to ac/dc

Last edited:

Rebycman

Reaction score
Another option is to enable the data timeout under Settings > Battery Manager > Battery Profile Options. You can tell the phone to turn off data after X minutes of no activity during certain hours. I have mine set from 10pm - 5am and so far the phone is silent during those hours unless I turn it on for something. I can still get phone calls and the alarms work just fine too with data off. Hope this helps.

Cheers

/Reby

OP
T

Thehaggis

Reaction score
@ Technoman

the only control (i could fine at least) the Dx has for email notification control is vibration and status bar. nothing unfortunately for the led.

@ kdkinc

we both have the dock for nighttime charging, so the phone is facing us, like an alarm clock. Neither of our phones have the volume issues. But don't ask me about my battery issues :(

@thelion

sit in a dark room, close your eyes, put the droid 2-3 feet from your face. see if you find that relaxing. :p ;)

@Rebycman

Will turning off data disable texting? We have a relative in long term care in the hospital and we would need that enabled. If not then that just might work, cheers.

Thanks to all for the responses.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that led is bright as hell in the dark, mine faces the ceiling and it lights up my whole corner of the room when blinking.