Damaged SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by xtremerocker, Jul 21, 2012.

1. xtremerocker

xtremerocker New Member

My SD Card was working perfectly fine, took a nap, woke up, and then it says that it's damaged. I have tried restarting the phone, taking the card in and out, uninstalling apps that was on the card and nothing. However when I insert the card into my old Samsung non android phone, it works perfectly fine. I have another card, and that works fine in both phones as well. I'm not sure what's wrong with the card then. I refuse to format it cause then I'll lose all my music and pictures that I can't get back. When I tried to connect to my lap top, when the card is in my current phone, it won't connect. It's a really weird situation. My only options right now is to find the usb to my old phone and transfer all the files to my computer and then back to my other card, or if I can't find it, get a new phone. I'm not even sure why or how this happened, does anyone have an idea as to how it could happen. Could it be that maybe when I have my phone plugged into my lap top and it's just charging, (the mass usb connector isn't on or anything) and then when my lap top restarts itself, that something could have happened then? Or does this randomly happen to a lot of droid users? Will the problem ever fix itself? I'm not really sure what to do, except for panic. Btw the phone I have is LG-MS690
  2. add119

add119 Member

Probably is the phone with issue. It seem like software issue is your phone rooted?

Sent from my DROID 3 droid does!
Search tags for this page
android damaged sd card
causes of damaged sd card
causes of sd card damage in phone

damaged sd card

damaged sd card android

htc thunderbolt sd card damaged
reasons for damaged sd card
sd card damaged android
sd card is damaged
what causes a damaged sd card