Damaged SD Card?

T-Rob

Reaction score
Hey guys...was out yesterday and turned off my phone. When I turned it back on, it told me that the SD card is damaged and needs to be reformatted. I rebooted it a couple of times and it comes up with the same thing. I've got a lot of pics on there and some music...any suggestions on how I can fix it w/o formatting it?

Thanks!

hoppermi

Reaction score
This happened to me also. I was able to mount in recovery to back up my sd. Then I formated and put what I wanted back on the card. It was overdue for a cleaning anyways:)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
T-Rob

T-Rob

Reaction score
Would you mind walking me through that procedure...I'm not seeing how to do it.

Thanks.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Boot into clockworkmod recovery somewhere there is an option to mount usb storage, might be in the advanced menu. I cant remember, or check as my droid is not w/me. Once mounted, copy you sd card to your pc. Then unmount and format your sdcard, partitions menu perhaps? mount again and copy back what you want. Make sure you have a nandriod backup on your card, so you can restore if anything goes wrong. Unmount and reboot. When I did it I wiped and reflashed miui also, starting clean.

Sent from my voodoo froyo

OP
T-Rob

T-Rob

Reaction score
Boot into clockworkmod recovery somewhere there is an option to mount usb storage, might be in the advanced menu. I cant remember, or check as my droid is not w/me. Once mounted, copy you sd card to your pc. Then unmount and format your sdcard, partitions menu perhaps? mount again and copy back what you want. Make sure you have a nandriod backup on your card, so you can restore if anything goes wrong. Unmount and reboot. When I did it I wiped and reflashed miui also, starting clean.

Okay, Hopper...I'll give'er a try when I get home tonight.

Thanks!!

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. . But I have an adapter so I can plug the SD into my computer. . But everything was still there

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T-Rob

T-Rob

Reaction score
It worked, Hopper...thanks!

kamisan

Reaction score
I've had a few people send me there sd cards I used "zero assumptive recovery " a freeware program and even on damaged cards i recovered most of the data. Pictures video mp3 most were still good. And it is a free utility 4 your pc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ironick7

Reaction score
This happened on my wifes eris. The contacts for the sd inside the phone must get dirty. I had to push the card in and out a bunch of times to clean them off and it worked again.

spike081

Reaction score

I tried these steps and came up with the same thing everytime.

Error mounting directory E: cant mount /dev/blockmmcb1k0 (or /dev/block/mmcb1k0p1) (no such file or directory) Error mounting sd card

hoppermi

Reaction score

I tried these steps and came up with the same thing everytime.

Error mounting directory E: cant mount /dev/blockmmcb1k0 (or /dev/block/mmcb1k0p1) (no such file or directory) Error mounting sd card

Have you tried using an micro SD-->SD adapter and plugging into card reader? If you can't mount in recovery or with an adapter your card may be hosed.

spike081

Reaction score
yes i have. now for some reason when I checked properties is says used 0 free 0
but still cant get phone to accept the card. wont mount says blank card now