Dalvik cache working?

diesburg

Reaction score
Ok, i tweaked cush 2.3.5 to all hell until it was to my liking. Afterwards, i noticed i only have 2 files in the dalvik cache folder and i have quite a few apps installed. All the times i checked that folder it had way more than 2 files, like one for every app i had installed almost. Since there is only 2 files there, have i done something to screw up/disable dalvik cache or whats the deal?

Edit: ok, the only 2 dalvik files are from the only 2 apps on the data partition....all my other currently installed apps are on the system partition..... is that normal? And will that cause decreased performance from the apps that are on the system partition?

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, i tweaked cush 2.3.5 to all hell until it was to my liking. Afterwards, i noticed i only have 2 files in the dalvik cache folder and i have quite a few apps installed. All the times i checked that folder it had way more than 2 files, like one for every app i had installed almost. Since there is only 2 files there, have i done something to screw up/disable dalvik cache or whats the deal?

Edit: ok, the only 2 dalvik files are from the only 2 apps on the data partition....all my other currently installed apps are on the system partition..... is that normal? And will that cause decreased performance from the apps that are on the system partition?

need a little more info on the tweaks i just checked my dalvik cache 82 files in there and 26 in data/dalvik cache shouldnt decrease performance on the system apps either

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
The tweaks were putting apps on the system partition that normally go on the data partition so i can have more free userdata. Removing the bootanimation to the the original android boot anim. Updating market app on the system partition. Replacing go launcher with adw. Removing go keyboard. Switching kernel to peter alfonsos v0.3 900 mhz low voltage. Removed voice dialer. Removed mms.apk . Possibly more, but basically all just adding and removing apps. And i set correct permissions on apps i put in /system/app so they work correctly.

Is there a dalvik cache in /system and /data ? Ask because i dont know where in /system if theres on there, my OP was only talking about /data/dalvik directory.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The tweaks were putting apps on the system partition that normally go on the data partition so i can have more free userdata. Removing the bootanimation to the the original android boot anim. Updating market app on the system partition. Replacing go launcher with adw. Removing go keyboard. Switching kernel to peter alfonsos v0.3 900 mhz low voltage. Removed voice dialer. Removed mms.apk . Possibly more, but basically all just adding and removing apps. And i set correct permissions on apps i put in /system/app so they work correctly.

Is there a dalvik cache in /system and /data ? Ask because i dont know where in /system if theres on there, my OP was only talking about /data/dalvik directory.

k gotch ya there is no harm in not having a lot of files in the dalvik think of it as optimized settings for said apks i really dont notice a difference in the apks

and from all those tweaks you did all i can say is hot damn that phone must fly

check cache/dalvik-cache for system stuff

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
Solved....lol....dalvik cache for system apps is on the cache partition? I totally missed that ..... i think previous roms i have used stored all dalvik cache on /data , so i didnt think to check the cache partition.....but yea, all the missing dalvik files i couldnt find are there on cache.....but is that correct that dalvik files for apps on /system are in /cache/dalvik and dalvik files for apps in /data are in /data/dalvik?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Solved....lol....dalvik cache for system apps is on the cache partition? I totally missed that ..... i think previous roms i have used stored all dalvik cache on /data , so i didnt think to check the cache partition.....but yea, all the missing dalvik files i couldnt find are there on cache.....but is that correct that dalvik files for apps on /system are in /cache/dalvik and dalvik files for apps in /data are in /data/dalvik?

i believe so from the quick read up on it and the few framework stuff in there i would have to agree that its sorted like that

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
And yes, im 200% satisfied with speed and everything in the rom after my changes......got it set using interactive governor minimum 250 max 900, got 1394 quadrant score....thinking about benching with petes fastest increased voltage kernel which i think is 1.3 ghz just to see what it benches....lol

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And yes, im 200% satisfied with speed and everything in the rom after my changes......got it set using interactive governor minimum 250 max 900, got 1394 quadrant score....thinking about benching with petes fastest increased voltage kernel which i think is 1.3 ghz just to see what it benches....lol

sweet do 3 or 4 in a row first ones always the slowest fastest i got on this was 1706 chevy mv 1.25 ghz set to kill let me know what you get i would like to here/ see built in screenshot app is sweet lol

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
Off subject of OP, but does thememanager.apk go with themechooser.apk? Asking cuz i wanna remove theme chooser and anything that goes with it like that other apk if thats what its for.

And i always do like 5-7 benches in a row cuz i noticed before first one was always slower.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Off subject of OP, but does thememanager.apk go with themechooser.apk? Asking cuz i wanna remove theme chooser and anything that goes with it like that other apk if thats what its for.

And i always do like 5-7 benches in a row cuz i noticed before first one was always slower.

yea theme manager and chooser go together

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
Well, theres the screenshot of the bench using petes 1.25 increased voltage.....
I remember reading b4 in petes thread somewhere a couple ppl reported that petes 1.3 was dirt slow after switching max speed to 1.3 ....and thats what happened to me....it was so slow i almost wasnt able to get it set lower than 1.3 after setting it....so thats why i used the 1.25 ghz...must be something wrong with his 1.3 kernel.......

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313574526603.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1313574526603.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 387