1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

D4 will not charge

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by duxdad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. duxdad

duxdad New Member

This is the second D4 that has failed to charge after 3 or 4 months of use, my first failed last august. It dos not seem to recognize a charger is plugged into it. Verizon is sending me a replacement overnite for the 2nd time. Glad I got their warranty!
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Wow that is just awful luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. uberpwnzorz

uberpwnzorz New Member

I'm also on my 3rd. First one when battery went to 0% it refused to charge again (happens sometimes with lithium ion batteries if they get fully drained). 2nd one after a couple months stopped charging above 50% :/ just got 3rd one, we'll see how this goes.
  4. duxdad

duxdad New Member

No Charge

With all 4 of mine, it just would not recognize the charger when plugged in, then slowly completely discharged, RIP
  5. komani86

komani86 New Member

This makes me worry.. i bought this via eBay and dont have any warranty I think, since im in Europe!
  6. shooting

shooting Banned

Maybe there is something wrong with the charging port.
  7. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

yeah i agrre with that microusb can break easily cuz its a small port
  8. fingaz

fingaz New Member

Yeah, my droid seems to not be charging now, too. I def think its the USB port. Over the past week or so, the port has started to not recognize wen the usb cable is plugged int. I had to fiddle around with it to get it to charge. I guess it finally just failed.

This will be the third new d4 from warranty. Similar issue happened in the past. In fact, this (problems with charging port) has happened multiple times on pretty much every phone I've had. Same thing happened to my girlfriends HTC Incredible... twice.

So yes, the USB port is kind of an Achilles Heel for smartphones.

Hopefully I still have a warranty on it!!! Off to Verizon tonight after work. Every time I go there is pure hell (It seems that they only hire incompetent people over at VZW who, while are good pushy sales people, but they don't know anything about phones). They broke my first D4 before I even left the store. Hopefully It won't be so bad this time around.